Associate Director of Programming - CUNY Center for Student Entrepreneurship
The Center for Student Entrepreneurship has been established as a university-wide initiative to assist its students in starting their own businesses to create jobs for students and stimulate small business growth and economic development in NYC.
Reporting to the Executive Director, this position is responsible for the operational success of the Center for Student Entrepreneurship (CSE), ensuring seamless program delivery, quality control and evaluation. The focus of this role is to make the CSE an attractive opportunity for potential participants. This includes demonstrating the overall value that CSE can offer participants.
Job duties include, but are not limited to, development and implementation of the CSE Incubator programming through the following:
- Curriculum development and delivery (workshops/events).
- Outreach and recruitment of cohort members.
- Data collection and reporting of milestones and impact.
- Building and maintenance of relationships with student cohorts.
- Assessment of program delivery and customization of resources based on cohort needs.
- Outreach to and management of mentor community.
- Working with the Director, development and delivery of entrepreneurial programs at other CUNY schools.
- Recruitment, management and supervision of interns.
- Strategy and development of CUNY student competitions.
- Consultation and support to other CUNY staff with their entrepreneurial initiatives.
- In conjunction with the CSE team, development of funding proposals, grant writing, and building partnerships and sponsorships.
- Bachelor's Degree and six years' relevant experience required; MBA or Entrepreneurship master's preferred
- Previous experience in program development and management within an education organization preferred
- Previous knowledge and experience in recruitment and management of interns and volunteers desired
- Experience as an entrepreneur or employee of a start-up firm and working with student entrepreneurs as a mentor or advisor is a major plus
CUNY TITLE OVERVIEW
Manages a College's specialized academic and/or research center operations under the direction of a senior administrator.
- Implements and monitors comprehensive curriculum development program; makes recommendations to improve Center policies and procedures
- Delivers a schedule of courses and workshops; analyzes programming outcomes
- Oversees Center's budget and daily administration
- Assists Director with developing funding and resource strategies
- Prepares reports for management; may write grant proposals
- May manage professional and/or clerical staff
- May act on behalf of Director in his/her absence
- Performs related duties as assigned.
Job Title Name: Academic Center Manager
Higher Education Associate
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
Salary commensurate with education and experience.
CUNY's benefits contribute significantly to total compensation, supporting health and wellness, financial well-being, and professional development. We offer a range of health plans, competitive retirement/pension benefits and savings plans, tuition waivers for CUNY graduate study and generous paid time off. Our staff also benefits from the extensive academic, arts, and athletic programs on our campuses and the opportunity to participate in a lively, diverse academic community in one of the greatest cities in the world.
HOW TO APPLY
Visit www.cuny.edu, access the employment page, log in or create a new user account, and search for this vacancy using the Job ID or Title. Select "Apply Now" and provide the requested information.
Candidates should provide a resume and cover letter.
March 23, 2017
JOB SEARCH CATEGORY
CUNY Job Posting: Managerial/Professional
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
CUNY encourages people with disabilities, minorities, veterans and women to apply. At CUNY, Italian Americans are also included among our protected groups. Applicants and employees will not be discriminated against on the basis of any legally protected category, including sexual orientation or gender identity. EEO/AA/Vet/Disability Employer.
Location: Baruch College
Job Title: Associate Director of Programming - CUNY Center for Student Entrepreneurship
Job ID: 16368
Full/Part Time: Full-Time