Admin Support Coord 12 Mo
Admin Support Coord 12 Mo
Job ID: 101951
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Job Code: 1035
Job Grade: Coordinator II
Salary and Hours Work Hours: Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. Occasional evenings and weekends may be required.
Salary Range: $3,115.00 - $5,060.00 Monthly Job Summary This position assists in the planning, organizing and administering of the operations of the Communication Studies Department. This person relieves the Chair of assigned administrative detail and carries out assigned duties without detailed instructions. Coordinates the functioning of the department office and serves as a resource person for faculty, students and the public. Acts as a liaison for the department with the college, university and the community. S/he is supervised by the department chair but operates with considerable independence within broad guidelines and established policies. This position provides for continuity of departmental operations.
For more information on the Communication Studies Department, visit: http://www.csus.edu/coms/ Benefits/FLSA This position is covered by health benefits, and is non-exempt, (eligible for overtime compensation) according to the Fair Labor Standards Act.
For more information on the comprehensive benefits package offered by the University visit:
http://www.csus.edu/hr/departments/benefits/benefitsprograms.html Minimum Qualifications Entry to this classification requires a fully functional knowledge of and skill in standard office procedures and practices, as well as an ability to understand and operate in a variety of organizational structures. Additionally, incumbents are expected to have a thorough knowledge of English grammar, spelling, and punctuation and be able to clearly communicate orally and in writing. Some positions may require knowledge of business mathematics beyond basis arithmetic. The ability to use and quickly learn new office support technology systems and software packages is also a prerequisite.
These entry qualifications would normally be obtained through a high school program, technical/vocational program, or their equivalents combined with several years of related office work experience. Required Qualifications Experience:
1. Experience in accounting and budgetary procedures.
2. Experience in office coordination.
3. Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook.
4. Organizational skills and ability to multitask.
5. Demonstrated ability to organize, plan, delegate and provide lead work direction to others as needed.
6. Ability to maintain confidentiality.
7. Ability to troubleshoot most office administration problems and respond to all inquiries and requests related to work area.
8. Ability to use and operate standard office equipment such as PC, printers, copy machines, multi-line telephone, and fax.
9. Strong interpersonal skills; Ability to establish effective working relationships in a diverse environment
10. Problem solving skills; Ability to understand problems from a broader perspective and anticipate the impact of office administration problems and solutions on other areas.
11. Ability to interpret and apply policies and procedures Preferred Qualifications 12. Knowledge and understanding of the specific accounting procedures and budgetary requirements of the University, College and Department.
13. Demonstrated experience with preparation of course scheduling.
14. Proficiency in Common Management System (CMS), Common Financial System (CFS), and Cognos systems License/Certification Must possess a valid State of California driver's license and maintenance of safe driving record required. Eligibility Verification Candidate selected will be required to provide proof of eligibility to work in the U.S.
California State University, Sacramento is not a sponsoring agency for Staff or Management Positions (i.e. H1-B VISAS) Background Check A background check (including a criminal records check) must be completed satisfactorily before any candidate can be offered a position with California State University, Sacramento. Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may affect the application status of applicants or continued employment of current California State University, Sacramento employees who apply for the position. Conflict of Interest The duties of this position include participation in decisions that may have a material financial benefit to the incumbent. Therefore, the selected candidate will be required to file Conflict of Interest Form 700: Statement of Economic Interest when they first occupy the position, and on an annual basis, complete ethics training within 6 months of appointment, and attend this training every other year thereafter. Child Abuse and Neglect Report The person holding this position is considered a "mandated reporter" under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and is required to comply with the requirements set forth in the California State University Executive Order 1083 as a condition of employment. Equal Employment Opportunity California State University, Sacramento is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and has a strong institutional commitment to the principle of diversity in all areas. We consider qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, medical condition, marital status, veteran status, or disability. Sacramento State hires only those individuals who are lawfully authorized to accept employment in the United States.
It is the policy of California State University, Sacramento to provide reasonable accommodations for qualified persons with disabilities who are employees or applicants for employment. If you need a disability related reasonable accommodation as part of the application and/or interviewing process, visit http://www.csus.edu/hr/departments/equal-opportunity/index.html
The University is committed to creating an education and working environment free from discrimination, sexual harassment, sexual violence, domestic violence, dating violence, and stalking. For more information on mandatory training for new employees, visit http://www.csus.edu/hr/departments/equal-opportunity/Information%20for%20Job%20Applicants.html
Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Crime Statistics Act and Campus Fire Safety Right-To-know Act Notification. For additional information, visit http://www.csus.edu/aba/police/ Hiring Preference Eligible on-campus applicants in California State University Employees Union (CSUEU) Bargaining Units 2, 5, 7, and 9 will be given first consideration in the recruitment. Application Deadline Date of close: 11:59 p.m., Wednesday, March 8, 2017. How To Apply Applications are only accepted through the Sacramento State jobs webpage located at http://www.csus.edu/about/employment/. Once there, applicants can also click on the instructions link to see how to apply. External applicants can apply by clicking on the Staff and Management Opportunities at Sacramento State link. Internal applicants can apply by logging on My Sac State.
Please note: Resumes will not be accepted in lieu of application.
Candidate must attach the following materials to the on-line application:
1. Letter of interest (Cover letter).
2. Current curriculum vitae/resume.
3. Three (3) references who can speak to a broad range of candidate's professional qualifications (including name, title, and telephone number).
For questions regarding this search, contact:
For technical assistance with the application, please contact our IT help desk at 916.278.7337.
To apply, visit: http://www.csus.edu/about/employment/