Mechanics R&D Engineer
MSC Software is continually looking for experts at various levels in the areas of computational mechanics and commercial finite element software development at its headquarters in Newport Beach, CA.
- PhD degree in Aerospace, Civil, Mechanical, Structural, Biomedical Engineering or Applied Mechanics with a focus on computational solid mechanics and/or multi-physics simulations
- Demonstrated knowledge in continuum mechanics, differential geometry and FEA, and
- Ability to design and implement algorithms/data structures for computational mechanics/physics
- Ability to contribute independently in the value chain from engineering problem statement, through PDE formulation, weak form, residual and Jacobian evaluation for complex engineering behaviors
- Software / Programming skills
- Ability to program in C/C++/Fortran. Experience in PYTHON/PERL is a plus
- Scalable data structures. Experience in HPC (High Performance Computing) is preferred
- Planning and Communication skills
- Excellent oral and written English communication skills and proven ability to work collaboratively in a fast paced, team-oriented workplace
- Ability to define and plan the work of a team of QA, Application and Documentation engineers
- Ability to communicate a clear understanding of the technology to other teams and customers
- Work with Product Managers and Designers to understand customer requirements and workflows
- Map requirements to engineering features in terms of PDEs, ODEs and/or constraints
- Research and implement scalable, stable computational solutions including necessary data structures
- Work with other teams/Engineers to verify implementation, develop examples and document features
- Participate in technical conferences including User Meetings and/or write journal research papers
Sample areas of development include: element and materials technology, multi-body dynamics, contact, constraints or other engineering abstractions in the domains of solids, fluids, acoustics and thermal physics.
These jobs entail working closely with members from several teams as mentioned above. MSC believes in free flow of information and ideas across teams to ensure enhanced productivity and to foster teamwork.
MSC Software is one of the ten original software companies and the worldwide leader in multi-discipline simulation. Every day presents new challenges and the chance to collaborate with some of the brightest minds in the industry. We take great pride in our contribution to the development of the world's leading products that play a vital role in shaping how we live, work and play.
MSC Software is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EEO) with medical benefits, 401k, and paid-time off.
Newport Beach, CA
Wed, 22 Feb 2017 12:58:16 PST