Fashion Institute of Technology - Executive Director of Client Relationship Engagement
About Fashion Institute of Technology:
The Fashion Institute of Technology (FIT), an internationally renowned college of art and design, business and technology, of the State University of New York, invites nominations and applications for a Executive Director of Client Relationship Engagement in our Technology Department.
The Executive Director of Client Relationship Engagement reports to the Assistant Vice President of Enterprise Application Services and is responsible for leading the Client Relationship Engagement activities between Enterprise Application Services and the clients it services.
The Executive Director position is a hands-on leadership position that leads a team focused on: client relationship management, strategic technology planning with client areas, and project management/delivery of approved projects. Additionally, the role will work with the Portfolio Management function regarding project management methodology and status reporting.
Strategic Technology Planning
- Develop and maintain on-going strategic technology plan for each client area. The plan is developed in conjunction with Client area and IT executive management
- Work with Portfolio Management to prepare identified projects for IT Governance review
- Manage project portfolio and client communications based on outcome of IT Governance review
Client Relationship Management
- Manage activities to ensure all members of the team are appropriately assigned to support client areas
- Ensure team is providing appropriate relationship management support to their client areas
- Communications, Point of Contact, Delivery of Services, etc.
- Project Management
- Gain appropriate approvals to initiate a project per IT Governance Procedures
- Define the scope of a project in collaboration with client areas and appropriate IT teams
- Directly manage projects and ensure team members are managing their projects:
- Determine and secure the resources (time, budget, staffing, equipment, etc.) required to complete the project
- Develop and manage detailed work plan needed to successfully complete the project
- Build consensus for the project schedule with client area management and IT staff that will contribute to or be affected by the project activities
- As appropriate, establish a project governance structure of IT, Senior Management and Stakeholder professionals to oversee project scope and potential changes to scope, project status and issues and resource requirements
- Hold project kick-off orientation for all appropriate stakeholders
- Execute the project according to the project plan and FIT's IT SDLC:
- Work with client to identify objectives and measures upon which the project will be evaluated at its completion
- Lead the buy versus build decision process
- Monitor the progress of the project and make adjustments as necessary to ensure the successful completion of the project
- Ensure that the project deliverables are on time, within budget, and at the required level of quality
- Review the quality of the work completed with the project team on a regular basis to ensure that it meets the project standards
- Establish a communication schedule to update stakeholders including appropriate staff in the organization on the progress of the project
- Work with IT Finance area regarding any project procurement activities
- Monitor and approve all budgeted project expenditures
- Post project completion evaluate the outcomes of the project with client area to ensure client satisfaction
- Mentor and coach team members
- Provide team leadership and direction
- Develop team members via assignments and training
- Perform performance reviews, as appropriate
- Participate in overall IT Division management
Required Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Worker Characteristics:
- Expert project planning and execution skills, including the ability to organize, prioritize and control job responsibilities in order to meet deadlines in an environment with overlapping and potentially conflicting priorities
- Proven ability to multi-task and manage conflicting priorities
- Excellent team collaboration and communication skills
- Excellent written, verbal, and presentation skills
- Significant experience leading buy versus build decision process
- Experience developing team members: performance reviews, goal setting and reviewing, mentoring and coaching, professional/technical training plan, etc.
- Positive can-do attitude with ability to overcome obstacles by identifying options for management approval
Education and Experience:
- A Bachelor's Degree in the fields of computer science or related areas is required, a Master's is a plus, minimum of 10 years of relevant work experience can be substituted for the Bachelor's degree.
- Proven 10+ years working experience in IT project management showing career advancement as a project manager
- Minimum of 5 years' experience managing a team that included project managers
- Excellent client-facing and internal communication skills
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Solid background in supporting ERPs such as Banner, PeopleSoft, or Oracle E-business suite
- Solid technical background with understanding and/or hands-on experience in software development and web technologies is a plus
- Experience working for a Higher Education institution is strongly preferred
- PMP certification is a plus
Enterprise Applications Department
Supervisor: Van Buren Winston
Salary open to experience, please provide salary requirements in cover letter
In order to be considered for the position, you must submit the following documents online:
* Cover letter
* A list of three references with telephone numbers and email addresses
Please note that due to the high volume of applications we receive, we are unable to contact each applicant individually regarding his or her application status.
For more information about FIT, please visit FIT's website at: http://www.fitnyc.edu
FIT is firmly committed to creating an environment that will attract and retain people of diverse racial and cultural backgrounds. By providing a learning and working environment that encourages, utilizes, respects, and appreciates the full expression of every individual's ability, the FIT community fosters its mission and grows because of its rich, pluralistic experience. FIT is committed to prohibiting discrimination, whether based on race, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender identity, religion, ethnic background, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, military service status, genetic information, pregnancy, familial status, citizenship status (except as required to comply with law), or any other criterion prohibited by applicable federal, state, or local laws. FIT is committed to providing equal opportunity in employment, including the opportunity for upward mobility for all qualified individuals. Applications from minorities, women, veterans, and persons with disabilities are encouraged. Inquiries regarding FIT's non-discrimination policies may be directed to the Affirmative Action Officer/Title IX Coordinator, 212 217.3360, email@example.com.