This position reports to the Business Administrator. Candidate will perform the day to day processing of financial transactions to ensure that finances are maintained in an effective, up to date and accurate manner; Specific duties include:
- Receive and verify invoices and requisitions for goods and services
- Verify that transactions comply with financial policies and procedures
- Prepare, verify, and process invoices and coding payment documents
- Prepare batches of invoices for data entry
- Data enter invoices for payment
- Process backup reports after data entry
- Manage the weekly checks run
- Record all checks
- Prepare vendor checks for mailing
- Maintain listing of accounts receivable and payable
- Maintain the general ledger
- Maintain updated vendor files and file numbers
- Monitor Bank Balances and prepare transfer request (if needed)
- Print and distribute monthly financial reports
- Assist with counters in the counting room
- Prepare weekly income worksheet for Business Administrator
- Record all weekly income receipts into the system
- Prepare cash receipts and have them ready to be pick up by Security Company
- Reconcile all credit card received for Church
- Prepare transfer request to transfer money from Church to Inter-company bank account
- Monitor returned items and inform supervisor
- Verify pay amounts, hours of work, deductions, etc.
- Verify coding and obtain signatures
- Batch pay sheets for data entry
- Calculate salaries and benefits
- Process semi-monthly payroll in ADP System
- Log in and distribute pay checks
- Prepare and remit source deductions and payroll tax
- Prepare semi-monthly payroll journal entries accurately and timely.
- Reconcile payroll between ADP and our general ledger.
- Maintain and updating employee records on payroll system.
- Maintain manual employee payroll records.
- Assist with year-end processes such as annual payroll tax and payment summary reconciliations.
- Process federal, state and local tax returns, including W-2 and 1099 statements.
- Maintains personnel and pay records for employees to ensure accurate integration of such records with the payroll and benefit systems.
- Answer payroll questions from employees and produce payroll reports when requested by Business administrator
- Provide administrative support in order to ensure effective and efficient office operations.
- Maintain contract and agreement for insurance and leasing files
- Review, verify, and prepare check request for some departments such as Scholarship, Music Dept., Repair & Maintenance, etc.
- Maintain a filing system for all financial documents
- Ensure the confidentiality and security of all financial and employee files
- Prepare ad-hoc reports per request by supervisor or minister
- Provide and prepare information that help in making decision that related to cost of operating expenses
- Greet and assist visitors
- Respond to inquiries that related to Accounting and Taxations from external parties such as auditors, IRS, EDD, venders, etc.
- Perform other related duties as required
Annual Salary: Range $45-50 Thousand annually. Benefits are competitive.
Center of Hope is a non-denomination church that has had a long history of meeting the spiritual and social service needs of the residents of Inglewood and its surrounding communities. The Church is experiencing significant growth under its leadership team and is expanding its focus to have a national and world impact. Go to www.go2hope.com for more information.
Tue, 21 Feb 2017 09:21:08 PST