Senior Custodial Supervisor (Provisional)
Under general direction, performs work of moderate difficulty and responsibility in the supervision of the cleaning and maintaining of college buildings and their immediate grounds; performs related work.
- In colleges, on an assigned tour of duty, is responsible for supervising a large group of subordinate employees; oversees custodial foremen, cleaners, elevator operators, laborers, watchmen, and other comparable employees engaged in cleaning and maintaining college buildings, entailing such tasks as sweeping, dusting, machine scrubbing, polishing, mopping, cleaning sidewalks, moving school furniture, gathering and disposing of refuse, operating heating plant, care of landscape areas and providing elevator service.
- Inspects work of subordinates to insure maximum efficiency, economy, and quality of work.
- Requisitions, stores, and issues supplies.
- Trains or arranges for training of new employees.
- Prepares work schedules.
- Maintains records and prepares required reports.
- Responsible for receiving and removing equipment.
Custodial Supervisor - Senior
CAMPUS SPECIFIC INFORMATION
In support of the campus mission, strategic plans and values, Baruch College seeks to fill a Senior Custodial Supervisor position in the Conference Center.
Baruch, a senior college in the City University of New York system, is named in honor of Bernard M. Baruch, statesman, financier, and devoted alumnus. Baruch has a history of more than 160 years of making a world-class education accessible to a highly motivated and diverse student body through three acclaimed schools: the Zicklin School of Business; the Weissman School of Arts and Sciences; and the School of Public Affairs.
- Graduation from elementary school and four (4) years of experience in the cleaning and maintenance of a large building, one (1) year of which has been in a supervisory capacity; OR
- A satisfactory equivalent.
New Hire: $34,266
This amount reflects a 13% salary suppression in effect for the first 24 months of employment only
CUNY offers a comprehensive benefits package to employees and eligible dependents based on job title and classification. Employees are also offered pension and Tax-Deferred Savings Plans. Part-time employees must meet a weekly or semester work hour criteria to be eligible for health benefits. Health benefits are also extended to retirees who meet the eligibility criteria.
HOW TO APPLY
Visit www.cuny.edu, access the employment page, log in or create a new user account, and search for this vacancy using the Job ID or Title. Select "Apply Now" and provide the requested information.
Candidates should provide a resume and cover letter.
March 23, 2017
JOB SEARCH CATEGORY
CUNY Job Posting: Support Staff
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
CUNY encourages people with disabilities, minorities, veterans and women to apply. At CUNY, Italian Americans are also included among our protected groups. Applicants and employees will not be discriminated against on the basis of any legally protected category, including sexual orientation or gender identity. EEO/AA/Vet/Disability Employer.
Location: Baruch College
Job Title: Senior Custodial Supervisor (Provisional)
Job ID: 16369
Full/Part Time: Full-Time