Coordinator Graduate & Degree Completion, (Prof Serv Spec, 4)-AFT
Summary: Under the direction of the Assistant Vice President of Academic and Student Affairs, the Coordinator, Office of Graduate and Degree Completion Studies is responsible for supporting undergraduate, post-baccalaureate, and graduate program development, implementation and refinement.
About the Division of Global Learning and Partnerships:Rowan Global Learning and Partnerships, formerly the College of Graduate & Continuing Education (CGCE), is Rowan University's vehicle to reach out and serve the needs of college students, working adults, lifelong learners, and the business community. Students enrolled in our academic programs include college graduates pursuing masters or doctoral programs and returning college students pursuing the completion of a baccalaureate degree or certification. In addition, Rowan Global provides a large portfolio of non-credit services and products, including professional development, continuing education units, corporate training, and personal enrichment.
Position Description:The Coordinator, Office of Graduate and Degree Completion Studies is a professional employee who coordinates academic program development activities to assure the successful development, implementation and refinement of post baccalaureate, graduate, professional, and adult degree completion programs administered through the Division of Rowan Global. The Coordinator routinely interacts with diverse external and internal campus constituents including Rowan University partner colleges and University faculty and academic leaders to serve an ever growing population of adult, non-traditional learners seeking undergraduate and graduate degree completion offered through varied delivery modes and on the campuses (Camden, RCGC, RCBC) of Rowan University. This position reports to the Assistant Vice President of Academic and Student Affairs within the Division of Rowan Global. Under the direction of the Assistant Vice President, Global Learning and Partnerships, the Coordinator is responsible to coordinate overall academic program development, administration, maintenance, master course scheduling, and logistical issues to foster high quality undergraduate degree completion programs, graduate programming and related academic policies. The person in this position must have strong analytical and problem solving skills and must have demonstrated technical abilities to manage academic program data. The Coordinator supports the Assistant Vice President in acting as initial consult to faculty and administrators in the preparation of curriculum proposals for degree completion, post baccalaureate, master’s and doctoral programs administered by Rowan Global and works to provide letters of consult for University faculty, prepare initial program budget development, curriculum sequence, and program logistics. The Coordinator is responsible for the refinement of academic programs and meets ongoing with faculty and administrators to mediate program concerns such as master schedules, curricula sequence, and program requirements and to assure that all academic program materials are sound and accurate. The position of Coordinator is responsible for providing exemplary direction to peer colleagues, faculty and staff in an environment that is fast-paced with high expectations. The individual needs to have excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to work collaboratively with internal and external constituents. Through the use of data driven decision-making, the Coordinator is to provide accurate undergraduate and graduate program reports and is responsible to oversee University policies and procedures that pertain to graduate education.
Essential Position Responsibilities/Functions:
Under the Direction of the Assistant Vice President, Academic and Student Affairs, the Coordinator, Office of Graduate and Degree Completion Studies is responsible to accomplish the following:
- Work directly with University administrators, faculty, and staff to establish and manage productive relationships to support the development of undergraduate degree completion and graduate education programs.
- Assist in the development and implementation of undergraduate degree completion and graduate level programs.
- Conduct undergraduate and graduate program assessment though data collection and analysis.
- Collaborate with academic departments to develop academic program materials and master schedules for new Rowan Global programs.
- Maintain academic program materials and master schedules for all Rowan Global programs to ensure accuracy.
- Monitor curriculum transmittals for newly approved academic programs and changes to existing academic program administered through Rowan Global.
- Update and maintain the annual Rowan Global Graduate Catalog.
- Oversee undergraduate degree completion and graduate academic program logistical issues for academic programs administered through Rowan Global.
- Coordinate with Rowan Global Marketing & Enrollment Management, Rowan Global Research & Data Analysis Specialist, Information Resources & Technology (IRT), Enterprise Information Services (EIS), and IERP to ensure that the reporting and technology needs of the Office of Graduate and Degree Completion Studies are in accordance to the standards set forth by the Offices of the Provost and IERP.
- Serves as point person and information source for all University and departmental policies and procedures relevant to graduate education
- Facilitate the work of the Graduate Advisory Council to develop agendas, deliver meeting content, and coordinate projects and deliverables as requested.
- Responsible participate on University committees and planned University initiatives as requested by the Assistant Vice President, Global Learning and Partnerships to advance the mission of Graduate Education among University and external stakeholders.
- Other duties as assigned by Assistant Vice President of Academic and Student Affairs.
Rowan University values diversity and is committed to equal opportunity in employment. All positions are contingent upon budget appropriations.