RedPrairie JDA WMS Software Developer
RedPrairie Software Developer
Working primarily with RedPrairie platforms, the Software Developer designs software architectures, transforms user needs & functional designs/specifications into technical system designs, develops/codes the solution, performs unit testing, and debugs and maintains programs/code throughout the various stages of development from proof of concept prototypes to functional software. Evaluate simple interrelationships between programs such as whether a contemplated change in one part of a program would cause unwanted results in a related part. Analyze performance of programs and take action to correct deficiencies. To provide on-call support as required.
- DESIGN: Works closely with Functional/Systems Analyst to develop and document technical designs from functional requirements/specifications, considering architectural, as well as programmatic aspects of the agreed-upon solution. Prepares and validates time estimates for program modifications, enhancements, new application software, or any other technology requirements. Follows appropriate internal processes, as well as established industry standards for software design.
- DEVELOPMENT: Develops software programs based on approved design. Writes new programs or creates modifications to existing applications as necessary based on project requirements. Follows appropriate internal processes, as well as established industry standards for software coding, documentation, and code management.
- TESTING: Creates test plans, test files, and scripts for unit testing through integration testing. Performs testing as required & documents results. Follows appropriate internal processes, as well as established industry standards for software testing.
- IMPLEMENTATION: Follows appropriate change management and implementation procedures. Ensures that appropriate technical and functional documentation is prepared.
- SUPPORT: Primarily supports integration applications. Shares responsibility for Call Center support. Provides on-call or after hours support to new applications after implementation.
- Other duties as assigned or requested.
Level of Expertise:
LEVEL I: Performs work under general supervision of development manager or more experienced developers. Maintains an associate-level workload.
LEVEL II: Performs work under minimal supervision for small to medium-sized projects. May require more supervision for larger, more complex projects. Maintains an intermediate-level workload.
LEVEL III: Performs work with little to no supervision - provides guidance to lower-level & less experienced developers. Acts as project leader on large, complex projects. Maintains a senior-level workload. Fully capable of working at the highest technical level.
Education, Training & Professional Experience:
- Bachelor's of Science degree in Computer Science or equivalent; or equivalent combination of education and experience required.
- 2 to 5 years of relevant programming experience required.
- Expertise in RedPrairie platforms/languages, MOCA, Java, etc. required.
- Experience in .Net and PL/SQL preferred
- Experience in iSeries development a benefit
Knowledge & Employment Standards:
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Knowledge of transportation and warehouse industries.
- Demonstrated planning, task organizing and execution skills.
- Ability to work in team-oriented environment.
- Working knowledge of software design technologies, best practices, etc.
- Working knowledge of applicable hardware platforms.
- Some travel may be required.
Nykin Groups is a dynamic, full-service systems integration and technology-consulting firm. We are an innovative, market responsive organization focused solely on helping clients solve the challenges of an ever-changing technology landscape. Nykin has succeeded in delivering solutions that increase the productivity and profitability of our client operations. Nykin has become a vital resource in the technology sector. We are committed to placing highly skilled technical professionals with employers. Whether the need is permanent of contract, Nykin provides exceptional services.
Tue, 21 Feb 2017 09:17:20 PST