Post Doc Fellow
The Anschutz Health and Wellness Center (AHWC) at the University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus announces one institutional NHLBI-funded MD or PhD post-doctoral fellowships in obesity and cardiovascular disease (CVD) research with a start date of July 1, 2017 and three post-doctoral fellowships with a start date of July 1, 2018.
The goal of this program is to prepare fellows for independent careers in research and academic medicine. Within this larger focus of obesity and CVD, we have identified five subareas that encompass the expertise of our proposed faculty:
- Obesity, cardiopulmonary disease and congestive heart
- Metabolic aspects of CVD and obesity
- Epidemiology/Outcomes of CVD and Diabetes
- Atherosclerosis, vascular biology and hypertension
- Weight management.
Fellows will be exposed to a range of institutional resources including specialized Centers of Excellence (CTRCs, NORC), and CCTSI-funded didactic and experiential training opportunities guided by mentor(s). The total training period for a typical candidate will be up to three years with the third year an option for continuance. For MD post-doctoral fellows, an outpatient clinical experience will intersect with existing programs in pediatric or adult cardiology,
endocrinology and metabolism, and the AHWC, however the emphasis of the fellowship is research. MDs in particular are encouraged to apply
- Completion of a MD or PhD program
- For MDs at least three years of internal medicine or pediatrics specialty training and one year of clinical training as a sub-specialist before entering the program.
- For PhDs, there will be an option for some clinical exposure by shadowing Obesity/CVD T32 attending physicians in their clinics.
- Must be a U.S. citizen or have permanent U.S. residence.
- Have an academic interest that is basic (physiologic, cellular, molecular), clinical and/or epidemiological including genetics in how obesity relates to CVD.
The University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer. We encourage applications from women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and veterans. In accordance with the goals of NHBLI, our training program is committed toincreasing the number of under-represented minority and disadvantaged persons entering the
program and pursuing an academic career in the biomedical sciences.
Salary and Benefits:
Salary is commensurate with skills and experience. The University of Colorado offers a full benefits package. Information on University benefits programs, including eligibility, is located at Employee Services.
The University of Colorado Denver is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees.
The University of Colorado strongly supports the principle of diversity. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.
The Immigration Reform and Control Act requires that verification of employment eligibility be documented for all new employees by the end of the third day of work. Alternative formats of this ad are available upon request for persons with disabilities.
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV, List of References, Reference Letters (Not Confidential), Statement of Research Philosophy
Application Materials Instructions:
Applications are accepted electronically at CU Careers, refer to requisition ID: 08390
When applying, applicants must include:
- A letter of application which specifically addresses the job requirements and outlines qualifications
- A current Resume/CV
- The names, addresses, daytime telephone numbers and e-mail addresses for three professional references, either attached to your resume/CV or uploaded as a separate document
Please do not submit any of your application material (via email) to the job posting contact.
Job Category: Faculty
Primary Location: Aurora
Department: H0001 -- Anschutz Medical Campus - 21471 - SOM-Health and Wellness Center
Posting Date: Feb 14, 2017
Closing Date: Ongoing
Posting Contact Name: Lindsey Renn
Posting Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Position Number: 00731688