Advanced Practice Provider (APP) with the Division of Urology, Department of Surgery, the University of Colorado School of Medicine. APPs conduct physical exams, diagnose and treat illnesses, order and interpret tests, counsel on preventive health care, assist in surgery, and write prescriptions. Within the physician-APP relationship, APPs exercise autonomy in medical decision making and provide a broad range of diagnostic and therapeutic services.
This is a faculty position at the rank of Instructor within the inpatient/outpatient medical care services and resident training for Urology at University of Colorado Hospital. The APP will be expected to provide independent clinical services. Close collaboration with colleagues, hospital and clinic staff is necessary. Duties include but are not limited to;
- Independent outpatient treatment of general urology patients. Conditions treated include: nephrolithiasis, female and male voiding dysfunction, hematuria, prostate cancer, erectile dysfunction, chronic interstitial cystitis, and testicular pain. Responsible for new patient consultations and ongoing patient care.
- Provide coverage for acute patient problems when physicians are unavailable or out of town
- Assistance in improving work flow in physician clinics - provide another option for evaluation of pre and postoperative patients, completion of preoperative history and physicals and consents
- Telephone triage and medication management/refills
• Graduate of an accredited school of nursing with a Bachelor's Degree in Nursing. Masters degree in Nursing required, or a graduate of an accredited Physician Assistant school.
• Current license to practice as an Advanced Practice Nurse/ Physician Assistant with prescriptive privileges (at time of employment).
• Meets and maintains the requirements of the Nursing Credential Review Board for the Advanced Practice Nurse/ Physician Assistant.
• Current license to practice professional nursing or as a Physician Assistant in the State of Colorado (at time of employment).
- Demonstrated skill in outpatient surgical care
- Experience in a hospital based clinic practice
Special Instructions to Applicants:Applications are accepted electronically at www.cu.edu/careers, refer to job posting 02835. Review of applications will continue until the position is filled. Salary is commensurate with skills and experience. The University of Colorado offers a full benefits package. Information on University benefits programs, including eligibility, is located at https://www.cu.edu/employee-services. The University of Colorado Denver is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees. The University of Colorado Denver is committed to recruiting and supporting a diverse student body, faculty and administrative staff. The university strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect, communication and understanding. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colora
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV, List of References
Application Materials Instructions:Required Application Materials: When applying at www.jobsatcu.com, applicants must include: 1) A letter of application which specifically addresses the job requirements and outlines qualifications 2) A current CV/resume 3) The names, addresses, daytime telephone numbers and e-mail addresses for three professional references Reference checks are a standard step in our hiring process. You may be asked to provide contact information, including e-mail addresses, for up to 5 references if you are referred to the Hiring Authority for interview. We will notify you prior to contacting both on and off-list references.
Job Category: Faculty
Primary Location: Aurora
Department: H0001 -- Anschutz Medical Campus - 20341 - SOM-SRG-UR DIV Clinical
Posting Date: Dec 14, 2015
Closing Date: Ongoing
Posting Contact Name: Kirk McCrimmon
Posting Contact Email: Kirk.McCrimmon@ucdenver.edu
Position Number: 00721768