University of Colorado - School of Medicine
Professional Research Assistant
The Bioinformatics Fellowships are unique, semi-autonomous postdoctoral positions at the Research Associate Level that provide informatics training with the goal of mastering the large skill set needed for RNA bioinformatics analysis. Fellows will develop and apply software for the analysis of a variety of RNA sequencing and other experiments to measure:
- the abundance of small and long non-coding RNAs
- the diversity of splicing mRNA isoforms in bulk and single cells
- RNA-protein interactions by RIP and CLIP-seq
- the production of nascent RNA transcripts using GRO-seq
- the stability of mRNAs after transcription
- mRNA translation by ribosomal profiling
- in vivo RNA polymerase II distribution
- Ph.D. in biological or computational discipline, MS candidates will also be considered
- Preferred expertise in R, Python, or C++
- Working knowledge of computational and molecular biology, and high throughput DNA sequencing data analysis
- Demonstrated ability to teach bioinformatics, computational Biology, and/or genomics courses and workshops
Salary and Benefits:
Salary is commensurate with skills and experience. The University of Colorado offers a full benefits package. Information on University benefits programs, including eligibility, is located at Employee Services.
The University of Colorado Denver is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees.
The University of Colorado strongly supports the principle of diversity. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.
The Immigration Reform and Control Act requires that verification of employment eligibility be documented for all new employees by the end of the third day of work. Alternative formats of this ad are available upon request for persons with disabilities.
Special Instructions to Applicants:Please also provide a brief description of research plans (2 pages).
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV, List of References, Additional Attachments - Refer to Application Materials Instructions Below
Application Materials Instructions:
Applications are accepted electronically at CU Careers, refer to requisition ID: 7900
When applying, applicants must include:
- A letter of application which specifically addresses the job requirements and outlines qualifications
- A current Resume/CV
- The names, addresses, daytime telephone numbers and e-mail addresses for three professional references, either attached to your resume/CV or uploaded as a separate document
Please do not submit any of your application material (via email) to the job posting contact.
Job Category: Faculty
Primary Location: Aurora
Department: H0001 -- Anschutz Medical Campus - 20085 - SOM-BioChem&Molecular Genetics
Posting Date: Dec 19, 2016
Closing Date: Ongoing
Posting Contact Name: Shelly Fortner
Posting Contact Email: email@example.com
Position Number: 00730450