University of Colorado School of Medicine
Psychologist - Kempe Center
The University of Colorado School of Medicine, Department of Pediatrics, Kempe Center for the Prevention and Treatment of Abuse and Neglect, has an opening for a full-time Instructor level Mental Health Clinician, in the IMHOFF (Improving the Mental Health of Families) Clinic to work at the Anschutz Medical Campus in Aurora. The Kempe Center has built a reputation as a world leader in the field of child abuse and neglect since the first Child Protection Team was established in 1958 and the Center became a Section in the Department of Pediatrics in 1972. The Center is known for its expertise in treating abused children, training future professionals, and for excellence in research, education, advocacy and community service. The Center will be builds evidence-based and population need-based mental health services for abused and traumatized children.
The University of Colorado Denver Anschutz Medical Campus is a comprehensive urban research university serving more than 28,000 students in metropolitan Denver and online. We award nearly 4,000 degrees each year, including more graduate and professional degrees than any other Colorado public institution. With our solid academic reputation, award-winning faculty and renowned researchers, we offer 119 highly rated degree programs through 13 schools and colleges. The University of Colorado Denver Anschutz Medical Campus is well known for its distinctive and highly productive research programs, its world-class health facilities at the Anschutz Medical Campus and its well-established partnerships in business, industry and government. These campuses currently have over $400 million in research awards each year. In addition to the wide array of health-related programs and facilities offered at our Anschutz Medical Campus, a significant number of undergraduate and graduate degree programs are taught at our comprehensive campus in the heart of downtown Denver. Denver is one of America's most vibrant urban centers and the downtown campus, located just steps from the Denver Center for Performing Arts and the LoDo District, affords our students, faculty and staff access to a broad array of academic, professional, community, recreational and cultural outlets.
Examples of Work Performed
- Provide high quality psychotherapy to children and families dealing with the behavioral health consequences of child abuse and neglect, including evidence based treatment when appropriate
- Phone screening and triage of incoming calls from families and other professionals to determine clinical needs
- Assessment, formulation of clinical conceptualization, and treatment planning of behavioral health needs
- Provide services in the office, client homes, or other community locations
- some services will be provided in the evening
- Interface with other providers
- Deliver court testimony
- Collection and evaluation of outcome data
- Provide psychological assessments
- Other duties as assigned
Salary and Benefits
Salary is commensurate with skills and experience. The University of Colorado offers a full benefits package. Information on University benefits programs, including eligibility, is located at https://www.cu.edu/employee-services.
- PhD or PsyD in clinical psychology, social work, or other related field
- 6 month minimum licensed in the state of Colorado as a psychologist
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Knowledge of evidence-based practices in the treatment of children and families exposed to abuse and neglect
- Provides excellent customer service to families and referring agencies
- Skilled in conducting intakes and assessments and ongoing mental health treatment
- Able to provide education and intervention to promote positive parenting skills and to promote developmental awareness and understanding
- Capacity to use multiple theoretical modalities of psychotherapy
- Skilled in working with families and children birth to 18 years old
- Ability to work as part of a cohesive clinical team and provide peer consultation
- Knowledge of Microsoft office
- Capable of learning and using electronic medical record system
- Ability to write comprehensive psychological testing reports
- Experience using evidence based practices (such as TF-CBT, AF-CBT, CPP, PCIT)
- Bilingual in Spanish
- Experience working with children and families involved in multiple systems such as the child welfare system and/or the legal system
Salary and Benefits
The hiring range for this position has been established at $58,000 - $68,000 and is commensurate with skills and experience. The University of Colorado offers a full benefits package. Information on University benefits programs, including eligibility, is located at https://www.cu.edu/employee-services.
The University of Colorado Denver is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees.
The University of Colorado strongly supports the principle of diversity. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.
The Immigration Reform and Control Act requires that verification of employment eligibility be documented for all new employees by the end of the third day of work. Alternative formats of this ad are available upon request for persons with disabilities.
Special Instructions to Applicants:Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/careers Applications will be accepted until the position is filled, but full consideration will be given to complete applications received within 2 weeks of the posting date. Those who do not apply within 2 weeks of the posting date may or may not be considered. Questions should be directed to Erika.McElroy@childrenscolorado.org
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV
Application Materials Instructions:
Applications are accepted electronically at CU Careers, refer to requisition ID: 05789
When applying, applicants must include:
- A letter of application which specifically addresses the job requirements and outlines qualifications
- A current Resume/CV
Please do not submit any of your application material (via email) to the job posting contact.
Job Category: Faculty
Primary Location: Aurora
Department: H0001 -- Anschutz Medical Campus - 20277 - SOM-PEDS Kempe SalSrv
Posting Date: Oct 14, 2016
Closing Date: Ongoing
Posting Contact Name: Erika McElroy
Posting Contact Email: Erika.McElroy@childrenscolorado.org
Position Number: 00681145