Auxiliary Services Budget Program Manager
To provide budgetary services required to ensure financial budgetary accountability of resources for departments and administration within the Auxiliary Services Units under the direction of the Associate Vice Chancellor for Administration and Finance (AVCAF). In addition to budget support, the position will deliver financial assistance to this same group of departments as well as Human Resources support. These Auxiliary Service Units currently include, but are not limited to: Dining and Hospitality Services, Bookstore, Copy Center, Campus Vending, University Center, Conference Services, Recreation Center, Student Health and Wellness Center, Residence Life and Housing, Family Development Center, Auxiliary Marketing, TheatreWorks, Galleries for Contemporary Art, Ent Center for the Arts, and the Farmhouse/Greenhouse operation. The financial support provided should follow established internal controls, be in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and standards issued by the Financial Accounting Standards Board (FASB), and the Governmental Accounting Standards Board (GASB), as well as comply with all Federal, State, Local, and University fiscal rules and regulations.
- With the support of department heads and other university staff, work to close out fiscal year by gathering financial data of the auxiliary units and make necessary budgetary adjustments in accordance with departmental guidelines.
- With the approval of the AVCAF, process new fiscal year budgets by entering budget journal entries (BJE) into PeopleSoft, the University financial system.
- Retrieve, review, and determine accuracy and appropriateness of BJE's entered into PeopleSoft system.
- Retrieve financial reports for auxiliary units.
- Create and prepare for the AVCAF basic budget and financial information on a monthly basis.
- Review monthly reports with auxiliary units in conjunction with the AVCAF.
- Process budget adjustments for auxiliary units into the financial system after they have been approved by the AVCAF.
- Monthly adjust personnel budgets at the position level in accordance with university guidelines.
- Process human resources appointment transactions, appointment letters, and other processes in the Human Capital Management (HCM) system.
- Conduct monthly budget reviews to actual data and alert the AVCAF of any discrepancies in the data.
- Assist AVCAF with earmarking and tracking of reserve expenditures for auxiliary units.
- As directed by the AVCAF, work with the campus central budget office to assure auxiliary unit budgets are submitted on a timely basis and data are entered correctly.
- Review detailed budgets for centralized auxiliary service units and coordinate with the UCCS Controller's Office on budget cash transfers.
- Serves on the AVCAF's executive management team.
- Provides training of budget process and procedures as well as HR process to Auxiliary Directors and their accounting staff.
- Develops strong relationships with Auxiliary Service departments heads and departmental accounting staffs, the University Controller's Office, the Campus Budget Office, the Human Resources Office, and other related campus entities.
- Establishes and monitors financial filing system for AVCAF Office in accordance with Records Retention policy.
- Monitors effectiveness and efficiency of existing budget processes and procedures for Auxiliary units and recommends to the AVCAF improvements of processes and procedures.
- Leads the development and implementation of new processes and procedures for Auxiliary Units.
- Other related duties as assigned by the AVCAF.
- Knowledge of personnel and fiscal management methods and practices; federal, state and university laws, regulations, and policies.
- Knowledge of all aspects of auxiliary budgeting on a university campus, and knowledge of related computer applications.
- The ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
- Knowledge in the delivery of student-oriented services on a campus with a diverse student body, faculty, and staff.
- Proven ability to function as a provider in a service-oriented office environment and create cooperative working relationships with department heads distributed throughout the campus.
- Effectiveness in working with individuals from diverse ethnic, cultural, and socio-economic backgrounds.
- Strong problem solving and conflict resolution skills.
For the purposes of FLSA this position has been determined to be exempt from (not eligible for) overtime under FLSA.
Salary Range: $65,000 to $75,000
The University of Colorado, Colorado Springs offers a full benefits package. Information on University benefits programs, including eligibility, is located at http://www.cu.edu/employee-services.
The University of Colorado is committed to providing a safe and productive learning, living and working community. To assist in achieving this goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective applicants being considered for employment. Background investigations include a criminal history record check, and when appropriate, a financial and/or motor vehicle history check.
- The Auxiliary Services Budget Program Manager is a management positon that requires a bachelor's degree in business administration or related field.
- Three years of progressive experience with auxiliary services budgeting
- Master of Business Administration, Master of Accountancy, or a master's degree in a related field.
- Five years of progressive experience with university auxiliary services
Special Instructions to Applicants:• Position is open until filled. Applications submitted by January 31, 2017 will receive full consideration. • Applications submitted through email or surface mail will not be considered. Please apply at www.cu.edu/cu-careers. • Upon request, please be prepared to provide five professional references (at least two previous/current supervisors), including their email contact information. • Official Transcripts will be required upon hire.
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV, List of References
Job Category: Finance and Accounting
Primary Location: Colorado Springs
Department: C0001 -- Colorado Springs Campus - 40092 - VC-Administration & Finance
Posting Date: Jan 12, 2017
Closing Date: Ongoing
Posting Contact Name: Megan Bell
Posting Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Position Number: 00730842