Sr. Instructor - Psychologist
University of Colorado - School of Medicine
Sr. Instructor - Psychologist
The Department of Family Medicine at the University of Colorado seeks a psychologist (Sr. Instructor rank) to provide therapeutic evaluation and treatment of patients with psychological disorders at Family Medicine clinic(s), coordinating with multi-disciplinary clinicians to provide team-based care in a patient-centered medical home setting.
Specific duties include:
- Provide consultations and recommendations for common behavioral health questions and presenting problems to family medicine providers.
- Assess, diagnose and treat behavioral, mental, and emotional conditions.
- Facilitate group visits.
- Design and implement health promotion/disease prevention interventions.
- Participate in clinical home visits, teaching, and supporting patient self-management skills.
Teaching and Supervision
- Directly supervise behavioral health trainees (graduate students, psychology interns, post-doctoral fellows, and pre-licensure psychologists).
- Review audio and video recording of clinic visits and provide medical precepting (supervision of psychosocial aspects of medical care) to small group teaching of medical students and medical residents.
- Provide team-based care and conduct home visits with multidisciplinary teams.
- Coach physicians in communication skills and techniques of health behavior change.
- Conduct hospital rounds as needed
- Facilitate referrals for more significant mental health conditions.
- Participate in quality improvement and practice transformation initiatives, workflow modification, and the identification and deployment of new efficiencies.
- Maintains eligibility for School of Medicine Faculty.
- Keeps abreast of the latest developments in field, both academically and through applied skill.
- May participate in clinical research projects (but not required to be a clinician-researcher unless pursuing traditional promotion path).
- Accepts other responsibilities specifically assigned by the Director of Integrated Services.
- Attends and presents at conferences, meetings and trainings in order to maintain certification and enhance professional skills; participates in faculty development activities.
- Doctoral degree in Psychology (PhD or PsyD)
- Ability to obtain Colorado state licensure as a psychologist.
- 2+ years' experience in clinical psychology, primary care or behavioral medicine
- Experience with integrated team-based care, particularly in a primary care based setting.
- Expertise in motivational interviewing, and evidence-based psychotherapies.
Ideal candidates will have experience with integrated team-based care, with additional expertise in motivational interviewing, and evidence-based psychotherapies. Clinical skill is required for conducting brief and targeted assessments to provide short-term psychotherapy interventions, health and behavior change, substance use treatment, and triage for appropriate level of care.
Salary and Benefits:
Salary is commensurate with skills and experience. The University of Colorado offers a full benefits package. Information on University benefits programs, including eligibility, is located at Employee Services.
The University of Colorado Denver is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees.
The University of Colorado strongly supports the principle of diversity. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.
The Immigration Reform and Control Act requires that verification of employment eligibility be documented for all new employees by the end of the third day of work. Alternative formats of this ad are available upon request for persons with disabilities.
Special Instructions to Applicants:Applications will be accepted until the position is filled, but full consideration will be given to complete applications received by January 20th, 2017. Questions should be directed to Deanna Schroder at email@example.com
Reference checks are a standard step in our hiring process. You may be asked to provide contact information, including e-mail addresses, for up to 5 references if you are referred to the Hiring Authority for an interview. We will notify you prior to contacting both on and off-list references.
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV, List of References, Unofficial transcript(s)
Application Materials Instructions:
Applications are accepted electronically at CU Careers, refer to requisition ID: 08010
When applying, applicants must include:
- A letter of application which specifically addresses the job requirements and outlines qualifications
- A current Resume/CV, unofficial transcripts or a copy of diploma
- The names, addresses, daytime telephone numbers and e-mail addresses for three professional references, either attached to your resume/CV or uploaded as a separate document
Please do not submit any of your application material (via email) to the job posting contact.
Job Category: Faculty
Primary Location: Aurora
Department: H0001 -- Anschutz Medical Campus - 20148 - SOM-Family Medicine
Posting Date: Jan 5, 2017
Closing Date: Ongoing
Posting Contact Name: Deanna Schroder
Posting Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Position Number: 00730665