Scholar In Residence - Lockheed Martin Engineering Management Program (EMP)
The Lockheed Martin Engineering Management Program (EMP) in the College of Engineering and Applied Science (CEAS) at the University of Colorado Boulder is seeking an experienced technical and management professional to join our dynamic program. This is a full-time teaching position, with a working title of either Associate or Full Professor of Engineering Practice. The ideal candidate is qualified by experience, professional success, and educational preparation to teach graduate-level engineering management courses to early and mid-career engineers and undergraduate engineering management courses to engineering students.
The EMP provides advanced technical management education for working engineers and scientists. The Program offers an M.E. degree in Engineering Management, an undergraduate minor in Engineering Management, and multiple graduate certificates with courses offered in a blended on-campus classroom/studio setting using state-of-the-art distance technology on a worldwide basis. The successful candidate will be qualified to teach multiple courses from the combined undergraduate and graduate course offerings. Candidates with project management, systems engineering, leadership, and marketing backgrounds are of special interest. A complete description of the Program can be found on the EMP website at http://emp.colorado.edu. This position is a non-tenure track, 3-year renewable contract appointment.
Review of applications will begin on January 1, 2017, and continue until the position is filled.
Salary is competitive and commensurate with skills and experience. The University of Colorado offers a full benefits package. Information on benefits programs, including eligibility, is available at www.cu.edu/pbs/. For additional information about the University of Colorado at Boulder, go to: www.colorado.edu/about/ataglance.html.
The University of Colorado Boulder is committed to providing a safe and productive learning, living and working community. To achieve this goal, we conduct background investigations for all final applicants being considered for employment. Background investigations for this position include criminal and education background checks.
The Immigration Reform and Control Act requires that verification of employment eligibility be documented for all new employees by the end of the third day of work.
The University of Colorado is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to building a diverse workforce. We encourage applications from women, racial and ethnic minorities, individuals with disabilities and veterans. Alternative formats of this ad can be provided upon request for individuals with disabilities by contacting the ADA Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- A terminal degree (Ph.D. or the equivalent) in a field of study related to engineering and/or management.
- Substantive management experience in business and/or industry.
- Substantial and meaningful experience teaching to engineers, researchers, and scientists.
- Substantial experience working as and/or with engineers, researchers and scientists.
- A documented record of successful teaching in a higher education or professional education setting.
- Experience in providing education in a distance education environment.
- Experience in a graduate and undergraduate-level Engineering Management program or an MBA program and undergraduate business education.
- A record of professional success both as a practicing technical professional and as a manager and leader in technology endeavors.
- Experience in academic administration at the program/department level.
- A record of creative or scholarly activity.
- Executive-level management experience.
- Professional and teaching experience in at least two of the following areas: project management, systems engineering, leadership, and marketing.
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV, List of References, Statement of Teaching Philosophy
Job Category: Faculty
Primary Location: Boulder
Department: B0001 -- Boulder Campus - 10299 - Engin Dn-Lockhd Martn Mgmt Pgm
Posting Date: Nov 22, 2016
Closing Date: Ongoing
Posting Contact Name: Wayne Kirschling
Posting Contact Email: Wayne.Kirschling@colorado.edu
Position Number: 00730091