*Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/cu-careers.*
University of Colorado Denver l Anschutz Medical Campus
School of Medicine Department of Medicine, Division of Medical Oncology
Fiscal Assistant (Technician II)
Position #731101 - Requisition 08171
The University of Colorado Denver Anschutz Medical Campus is a public research university serving more than 18,000 students. We award nearly 4,000 degrees each year, including more graduate and professional degrees than any other Colorado institution. With our solid academic reputation, award-winning faculty and renowned researchers, we offer more than 140 highly rated degree programs through 13 schools and colleges. The university receives over $400 million in research awards each year. In addition to the wide array of health-related programs and facilities offered at CU Anschutz in Aurora, Colo. a significant number of undergraduate and graduate degree programs are taught at CU Denver, our comprehensive campus in the heart of downtown Denver-one of America's most vibrant urban centers. CU Denver is located steps from the Denver Center for Performing Arts and the LoDo District affording our students, faculty and staff access to a broad array of academic, professional, community, recreational and cultural outlets.
A national leader in health care and life sciences, CU Anschutz is the only comprehensive academic health sciences center in Colorado and the largest in the Rocky Mountain region. Located in Aurora, Colo., it is one of the newest education, research and patient care facilities in the world. With six schools and colleges, CU Anschutz trains the health sciences workforce of the future by blending education, research and clinical care all in one place. This strategic collaboration among diverse health care fields allows knowledge to travel directly from the research bench to the patient's bedside. Read CU Anschutz Quick Facts here.
The University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus ranks among the top institutions nationally in clinical care, education and research. Its 230-acre campus, designed to enhance collaboration and interprofessional education, hosts the College of Nursing; the Schools of Dental Medicine, Medicine, Pharmacy, and Public Health; the Graduate School; a Health Sciences Library; and two hospitals. Strategically located contiguous to the campus are a biosciences research park and the soon-to-be-completed Veterans Hospital. CU Anschutz offers two undergraduate degrees, 35 graduate degrees, and five first-professional programs. More than 4,000 students learn alongside faculty members who also make meaningful medical discoveries and provide expert clinical care through 1.5 million patient-visits annually. A hub for research and innovation, CU Anschutz receives over $400 million in research awards each year and has filed 1,300 patent applications and formed 53 new companies since 2002.
The University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus is currently seeking applications for a Fiscal Assistant (Technician II) position. This full-time, University Staff position is responsible for assisting with the fiscal and administrative needs of the Division of Medical Oncology, including supporting the Faculty, Program Director and Fiscal Manager.
Examples of Work Performed: Duties include but not limited to:
- Entering and tracking funding distributions.
- Collecting and processing time sheets on a monthly basis.
- Managing and tracking invoices.
- Updating monthly award trackers for the Department.
- Maintaining the non-compete calendar in order to ensure timely submissions.
- Assisting with the offer letter routing process.
- Depositing sponsor payments and donor checks.
- Assisting faculty with travel, expense reports, re-credentialing and other administrative tasks.
- Performing other duties as assigned by the Program Director, Division Chair or Deputy Division Chair.
Salary and Benefits:
The hiring salary for this position is commensurate with skills and experience but is expected to be $40,000.00. This position is eligible for overtime compensation. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled, but full consideration will be given to complete applications.
The University of Colorado offers a full benefits package. Information on University benefits programs, including eligibility, is located at https://www.cu.edu/employee-services.
The University of Colorado Denver Anschutz Medical Campus is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees.
The University of Colorado Denver Anschutz Medical Campus is committed to recruiting and supporting a diverse student body, faculty and administrative staff. The university strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect, communication and understanding. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.
- Two (2) years' full-time experience in the following areas: financial management, budget management, accounting or bookkeeping.
Substitution: Two years of full-time college/university course work in accounting or related courses related to the work assignment may substitute for the required work experience.
- Bachelor degree business education in an appropriate related field (Accounting, Finance, or Business Management).
- One (1) plus years of relevant work experience in a general administrative program support role.
- Experience working with diverse populations in an academic setting or within a higher education environment.
- Recent college graduates and newly experienced accounting technician professionals both encouraged to apply for this position.
Competencies/Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to communicate effectively, both in writing and orally.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees at all levels throughout the institution.
- Strong PC environment computer skills with strong abilities in learning new software systems and programs for accuracy in fiscal reporting.
- Outstanding customer service skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to work within the team and independently
- Knowledge of CU systems.
Special Instructions to Applicants:*Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/cu-careers.* REQUIRED APPLICATION MATERIALS: 1). A letter of application which specifically addresses the job requirements and outlines qualifications. 2) A current resume/CV. 3) List of 5 professional references. Questions should be directed to Liz Seelenfreund at Liz.Seelenfreund@ucdenver.edu.
Reference checks are a standard step in our hiring process. You may be asked to provide contact information, including e-mail addresses, for up to 5 references if you are referred to the Hiring Authority for an interview. We will notify you prior to contacting both on and off-list references.
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV, List of References
Application Materials Instructions:APPLICATION DEADLINE: Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled.
Job Category: Professional Support Services
Primary Location: Aurora
Department: H0001 -- Anschutz Medical Campus - 20214 - SOM-MED-Oncology
Posting Date: Mar 2, 2017
Closing Date: Ongoing
Posting Contact Name: Liz Seelenfreund
Posting Contact Email: Liz.Seelenfreund@ucdenver.edu
Position Number: 00731101