*Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/cu-careers*
University of Colorado Denver Anschutz Medical Campus
Office of Information Technology
Systems Administrator - (Anschutz Medical Campus)
Position #3192 - Requisition #08005
The Office of Information Technology works to advance the University mission by providing innovative technology solutions and services to the CU Denver Anschutz Medical Campuses, their constituents and partners.
Through our six core values, Service, Professionalism, Leadership, Innovation, Community, and Excellence (SPLICE), we make a difference.
Click here to find out more about the Office of Information Technology
The University of Colorado Denver (CU Denver) Office of Information Technology (OIT) Computing Infrastructure team (CI) has an opening for a System Administrator. This server support position will work with CU Denver Active Directory domain, vmware server environment, enterprise backup systems, centralized printing environment, and storage area network (SAN). This position will also be responsible for administering Microsoft Windows based community file servers and assisting with Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM) implementation.
Examples of Work Performed:
- Maintain and troubleshoot print servers
- Maintain and troubleshoot file servers
- Assist with maintaining Active Directory domain infrastructure
- Troubleshoot issues with Microsoft KMS server
- Handle day-to-day Tier II trouble tickets
- Assist with entering information for monthly billing
- Assist with maintaining VMware Horizon environment
- Assist with maintaining Microsoft SCCM and SCOM environments
Salary and Benefits:
Hiring salary for this position has been established as $60,000 - $70,000. This position is not eligible for overtime compensation.
The University of Colorado offers a full benefits package. Information on University benefits programs, including eligibility, is located at www.cu.edu/employee-services/.
The University of Colorado Denver Anschutz Medical Campus is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees.
The University of Colorado Denver Anschutz Medical Campus is committed to recruiting and supporting a diverse student body, faculty and administrative staff. The university strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect, communication and understanding. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.
- Graduation from an accredited college or university with a bachelor's degree in Computer Sciences or a closely related field.
- 2 years of system administration experience
- Full time, professional-level work experience in System Administration may be substituted on a year-for-year basis for the bachelor's degree.
- Experience with DNS/DHCP/IPAM
- Experience with Print Servers
- Experience with File Servers
- Experience with Hitachi, Dell, or EMC SAN
- Experience with ISCSI and Fiber Channel
- Hands-on experience with Microsoft SCCM
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Strong customer service and communication skills
- Knowledge of DNS/DHCP/IPAM
- Microsoft Print Servers
- Microsoft File Servers
- CommVault Simpana
- Excellent organization and time management skills
- Microsoft System Center Operations Manager (SCOM)
- Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM)
- Storage Area Network (SAN), ISCSI and Fiber Channel
- Excellent Customer Service Skills
Special Instructions to Applicants:Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/cu-careers.* REQUIRED APPLICATION MATERIALS: 1). A letter of application which specifically addresses the job requirements and outlines qualifications. 2). A current resume/CV. Questions should be directed to OIT Human Resources at ucd-oit.HumanResources@ucdenver.edu
Reference checks are a standard step in our hiring process. You may be asked to provide contact information, including e-mail addresses, for up to 5 references if you are referred to the Hiring Authority for an interview. We will notify you prior to contacting both on and off-list references.
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV, List of References
Application Materials Instructions:APPLICATION DEADLINE: Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled.
Job Category: Information Technology
Primary Location: Denver
Department: U0001 -- Denver-Anschutz Administration - 60131 - ADM-AVCOIT Administration
Posting Date: Jan 12, 2017
Closing Date: Ongoing
Posting Contact Name: OIT Human Resources
Posting Contact Email: ucd-OIT.HumanResources@ucdenver.edu
Position Number: 00003192