University of Colorado - School of Medicine
The University of Colorado Denver Anschutz Medical Campus is seeking applications for a Medical Writer. This faculty level position serves in the Department of Medicine and will be physically located at the Anschutz Medical Campus in Aurora. Position will be located within Department of Medicine Research Office and will be responsible for providing assistance to faculty investigators in the Department of Medicine with writing and developing research grant proposals and other scientific and medical documents.
These duties will include, but are not limited to, providing specialized support and consultation in support of the preparation of research grant proposals within the Department of Medicine. The Medical Writer will assist faculty with developing grant proposals, crafting and refining specific aims, and responding to critiques from peer review.
- Work with investigators within the Department of Medicine to develop, write, and revise basic, translational, and clinical research grant proposals for NIH, foundations, and other appropriate funding agencies.
- Provide constructive feedback to investigators to improve clarity, logic, and persuasiveness of grant proposals.
- Advise investigators on best strategies to convey significance, impact, and innovation of their research plan.
- Consult with investigators in responding to critiques for grant proposal resubmissions.
- Work with investigators to develop other scientific and/or medical documentation, as appropriate.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with investigators.
- Assist with other duties associated with the Department of Medicine Research Office, as appropriate.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Excellent critical analysis skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Able to quickly acquire working knowledge regarding a variety of scientific/medical fields
- Able to establish effective collaborations with faculty investigators in various disciplines
- Able to meet deadlines in a timely manner
- Able to organize multiple tasks with varying deadlines
- PhD level degree in a scientific field with 2+ years professional experience in scientific and medical writing
- Experience in an institution of higher education or large hospital
- Experience working as an independent consultant or medical writer
- Experience with submission of both small and large NIH grant proposals, preferably in an institution of higher education
Salary and Benefits:
Salary is commensurate with skills and experience. The University of Colorado offers a full benefits package. Information on University benefits programs, including eligibility, is located at Employee Services.
The FTE for this position is negotiable.
The University of Colorado Denver is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees.
The University of Colorado strongly supports the principle of diversity. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.
The Immigration Reform and Control Act requires that verification of employment eligibility be documented for all new employees by the end of the third day of work. Alternative formats of this ad are available upon request for persons with disabilities.
Reference checks are a standard step in our hiring process. You may be asked to provide contact information, including e-mail addresses, for up to 5 references if you are referred to the Hiring Authority for an interview. We will notify you prior to contacting both on and off-list references.
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV, List of References
Application Materials Instructions:
Applications are accepted electronically at CU Careers, refer to requisition ID: 06528
When applying, applicants must include:
- A letter of application which specifically addresses the job requirements and outlines qualifications
- A current Resume/CV
- The names, addresses, daytime telephone numbers and e-mail addresses for three professional references, either attached to your resume/CV or uploaded as a separate document
Please do not submit any of your application material (via email) to the job posting contact.
Job Category: Faculty
Primary Location: Aurora
Department: H0001 -- Anschutz Medical Campus - 20153 - SOM-MED Administration
Posting Date: Feb 1, 2017
Closing Date: Ongoing
Posting Contact Name: Ethan Hagen
Posting Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Position Number: 00727826