Chief of Emergency Services
University of Colorado - School of Medicine
The Department of Emergency Medicine at the University of Colorado School of Medicine is seeking candidates for the position of Chief of Emergency Services for the new UCHealth Highlands Ranch Hospital. Planned patient volumes are expected to be in excess of 20-40K visits per year with anticipated growth of 4-5% annually.
Responsible for planning, designing, establishing and growing the Emergency Department Clinical Operations including recruiting physicians and building a new clinical service.
Candidate must possess a strong dedication to clinical activities, as they relate to an individual's areas of expertise and experience, including providing care to adult and pediatric patients. Must produce clinical activity that will result in promotion as stipulated in the UCSOM Faculty Handbook. Clinical, teaching and administrative responsibilities.
- Candidates must have completed a residency in emergency medicine
- Be board certified by the American Board of Emergency Medicine
- Be eligible for a faculty appointment at the University of Colorado School of Medicine
- The ideal candidate will have significant experience in clinical operations and management.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- The successful candidate will have demonstrated potential for outstanding performance.
Salary and Benefits:
Salary is commensurate with skills and experience. The University of Colorado offers a full benefits package. Information on University benefits programs, including eligibility, is located at Employee Services.
The University of Colorado Denver is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees.
The University of Colorado strongly supports the principle of diversity. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.
T he Immigration Reform and Control Act requires that verification of employment eligibility be documented for all new employees by the end of the third day of work. Alternative formats of this ad are available upon request for persons with disabilities.
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV, List of References
Application Materials Instructions:
Applications are accepted electronically at CU Careers, refer to requisition ID: 06217
When applying, applicants must include:
- A letter of application which specifically addresses the job requirements and outlines qualifications
- A current Resume/CV
- The names, addresses, daytime telephone numbers and e-mail addresses for three professional references, either attached to your resume/CV or uploaded as a separate document
Please do not submit any of your application material (via email) to the job posting contact.
Job Category: Health Care
Primary Location: Aurora
Department: H0001 -- Anschutz Medical Campus - 20353 - SOM-Emergency Medicine
Posting Date: Aug 15, 2016
Closing Date: Ongoing
Posting Contact Name: Dr. Jennifer Wiler
Posting Contact Email: EMED.Recruitment@ucdenver.edu
Position Number: 00618246