EAS Project Manager
University of Colorado Denver l Anschutz Medical Campus
Office of Information Technology
EAS Project Manager
Position #704718 - Requisition #08325
* Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/cu-careers *
The Office of Information Technology has an opening for a full-time University Staff (unclassified) Enterprise Applications Services (EAS) Project Manager position.
Jobs in this career family develop, maintain, and support computer systems, software and networks. Functions include enterprise operations, distributed computing, academic computing, research computing, computer hardware and software management, computer and compensation, job evaluation, performance and leave management, employee training/development, reward and recognition, employee relations, affirmative action, benefits, employee records/information, and payroll.
Professionals at the intermediate level are responsible for exercising discretion, analytical skill, personal accountability and responsibility in a wide range of areas including academic, administrative, managerial and student services functions. Work involves creating, integrating, applying and sharing knowledge directly related to a professional field.
At the intermediate level, duties may be more limited in scope and are performed with guidance and direction from other professionals.
The Office of Information Technology works to advance the University mission by providing innovative technology solutions and services to the CU Denver Anschutz Medical Campuses, their constituents and partners.
Through our six core values, Service, Professionalism, Leadership, Innovation, Community, and Excellence (SPLICE), we make a difference.
Click here to find out more about the Office of Information Technology
The Enterprise Applications and Services (EAS) project manager will manage assigned projects in the EAS division with a particular emphasis on establishing project tasks/dependencies/deadlines/resources, identifying risks, gathering requirements, holding project meetings and providing status updates. The EAS project manager may be required to manage projects for other divisions in the Office of Information Technology (OIT) and outside of OIT. The EAS project manager will be required to participate in monthly OIT project review board meetings.
This position calls for an individual with very strong organization, communication, interpersonal relationship, negotiation and problem solving skills. A successful candidate will have a positive attitude with a strong interest in project management.
Examples of Work Performed:
- Managing projects and establishing schedules utilizing standard methodologies for project management.
- Assemble project teams for assigned projects utilizing the enterprise resource pool.
- Estimate task durations and completion dates.
- Ensure project milestones are met and deliverables are delivered on schedule.
- Identify and manage the projects critical path.
- Maintain project updates in project server
- Communicate project status to technical and non-technical audiences across all levels of the university.
- Present project proposals to the Project Review Board for approval and priority.
- Create and maintain project documentation including but not limited to:
- Project Charter
- Project Scope
- RACI document
- Project Schedule
- Scope, schedule, resource, stakeholder, communications, risk and change management plans.
- Weekly project status reports.
- Update projects in project server
- Create and maintain project sites in project server for active projects.
Salary and Benefits:
The salary range (or the hiring range) for this position has been established at $ 50,000 to $ 65,000 and is commensurate with skills and experience.
This position is not eligible for overtime compensation
The University of Colorado offers a full benefits package. Information on University benefits programs, including eligibility, is located at https://www.cu.edu/employee-services.
Education and Training:
- Completion of four years of college with a bachelor's degree from an accredited university or college with major emphasis in Business Administration, Information Systems, or a closely related field.
- Professional experience managing projects may be substituted on a year for year basis.
- Experience supporting a formal, documented project management methodology including establishing project tasks/dependencies/deadlines, resource management, identifying risks, gathering requirements, holding review meetings and providing status updates.
- 2 years of experience managing projects.
Conditions of Employment:
- Must be willing and able to travel between the Denver Campus and the Anschutz Medical Campus.
PLEASE NOTE: Candidates will be responsible for travel expenses related to the interview process and any relocation expenses, if applicable.
- Professional project management certification. (PMP, PMI-ACP, CSM, PSM)
- Experience with MS Project Server or Project Server Online
- Experience with IT projects and processes.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Understanding of project management methodologies and best practices on establishing project charters, schedules, constraints, risks, resources and stakeholders responsibilities.
- Meticulous about managing the details of every project and the impact each detail may have on the overall project success.
- Proficient in managing large-scale project plans with Microsoft Project/ Project Server Online utilizing enterprise resource pool.
- Able to assist project sponsors with developing project charters assuring a shared understanding of scope, resources, objectives, risks and measures of success.
- Able to create and manage clear documentation of project details (scope document, estimate, change orders, revision notices, review phases and client approvals).
- Able to monitor and report on progress of the project to all stakeholders including deliverables, staffing, schedules, budgets, risks and change requests.
- Proficient in leading project meetings with prepared agendas and tracking decisions, issues and action items.
- Practical knowledge of Microsoft Office tools.
- Knowledge of Microsoft SharePoint.
- Strong English written/verbal communication.
- Strong interpersonal skills, tactfulness, customer-service ethic and follow-through.
- Ability to work in a close team effort with ongoing collaboration among team members and various interconnecting projects and project managers.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Must be comfortable participating in the decision process within a project team framework.
- Must be a confident self-starter who possesses tenacity, curiosity, and a penchant for detail.
- A passion for continued learning of project management practices.
- Expert at recognizing and solving problems quickly.
Special Instructions to Applicants:Required Application Materials: To apply, please visit: http://www.cu.edu/cu-careers and attach: 1. A letter of application which specifically addresses the job requirements and outlines qualifications 2. A current CV/resume 3. List of three to five professional references (we will notify you prior to contacting both on and off-list references) 4. Examples of project plans showing responsibility for project management
The University of Colorado Denver Anschutz Medical Campus is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees. The University of Colorado Denver Anschutz Medical Campus is committed to recruiting and supporting a diverse student body, faculty and administrative staff. The university strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect, communication and understanding. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV, List of References
Application Materials Instructions:APPLICATION DEADLINE: Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/cu-careers. Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled.
Job Category: Information Technology
Primary Location: Denver
Department: U0001 -- Denver-Anschutz Administration - 60131 - ADM-AVCOIT Administration
Posting Date: Feb 2, 2017
Closing Date: Ongoing
Posting Contact Name: OIT Human Resources
Posting Contact Email: ucd-oit.HumanResources@ucdenver.edu
Position Number: 00704718