Asst/Associate/Full Professor Sarcoma Clinic
University of Colorado - School of Medicine
Asst/Associate/Full Professor Sarcoma Clinic
The Department of Medicine, Division of Medical Oncology at the University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus, has an immediate opening for a full-time faculty member in the Sarcoma Clinic and lab in Aurora, Colorado USA.
We are seeking a sarcoma clinician oncologist and basic science/translational researcher to join our flourishing program. The ideal candidate would be willing to have two ½ days (1 full day) of clinic per week and participate in the clinical sarcoma cancer program including the Sarcoma Multidisciplinary Clinic, which involves our sarcoma surgeons, radiation oncologists, medical oncologists and pathologists. The preferred candidate will take the lead in developing our basic science/translational sarcoma research program, which would include gaining federal funding and running a research lab. There are also excellent opportunities to participate in clinical trials as a principal investigator.
We are supported by a nurse practitioner and nursing staff as well as several clinical research associates. Our archived tissue program is maintained by a Cancer Center Tissue Bank and we are members of ORIEN. Strong research collaborations exist with the Phase I program and Target-based Therapeutics Team (T3), as well as our basic science colleagues. We are members of SARC, SWOG and are a UM1 site. University of Colorado Cancer Center is an NCI-designated comprehensive cancer center residing in a burgeoning$4 billion campus.
The position will report to and receive supervision from Dr. Victor Villalobos (Director, Sarcoma Medical Oncology and T3), Dr. Anthony Elias (PI of LAPS grant) and Dr. Wells Messersmith (Division Head). This position will be involved in the joint supervision of Medical Oncology fellows, nurses and post-doctoral fellows.
Duties and responsibilities will include supervisory role of a basic science/translational laboratory, direct patient care, and clinical research. The candidate will attend as a consultant in the inpatient setting at University of Colorado Hospital(UCH) and will have an outpatient clinical practice. This role will be expectedto mentor Medical Oncology fellows and post-doctoral fellows.
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the faculty position is filled.
- Infectious Materials/Human Blood or Bodily Fluids
- HIPAA - Access to PHI
- HIPAA - Operations
- HIPAA - Payment
- HIPAA - Research
- HIPAA - Treatment
- M.D. from an accredited Institution in the U.S., or the equivalent with board eligibility in medical oncology and eligibleto practice medicine and acquire a medical license in the State of Colorado.
- If a non-U.S. graduate, they must complete ECFMG certification and be qualified to obtain a Colorado Medical License.
- The successful candidate will have a Doctorate of Medicine, and be Board Certified for Internal Medicine,and Board Certified or Eligible for Medical Oncology.
- The final candidate should have the ability to work in a team environment.
- have strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- be flexible, and be able to motivate collaborative partners.
- must possess ability to work independently and effectively manage their team of researchers.
- Prefer 1 plus years' experience in a cancer related research/environment.
Salary and Benefits:
Salary is commensurate with skills and experience. The University of Colorado offers a full benefits package. Information on University benefits programs, including eligibility, is located at Employee Services.
The University of Colorado Denver is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees.
The University of Colorado strongly supports the principle of diversity. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.
The Immigration Reform and Control Act requires that verification of employment eligibility be documented for all new employees by the end of the third day of work. Alternative formats of this ad are available upon request for persons with disabilities.
Special Instructions to Applicants:Please attach all required documents which include a statement of interest, a current Curriculum Vitae and current list of professional references with phone and email-addresses. Note: If you do not include references in your CV, you must attach an additional sheet of references. IMPORTANT: Please DO NOT submit documents (via e- mail) to the job posting contact. All applicant materials must be uploaded online.
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV, List of References
Application Materials Instructions:
Applications are accepted electronically at CU Careers, refer to requisition ID: 07386
When applying, applicants must include:
- A letter of application which specifically addresses the job requirements and outlines qualifications
- A current Resume/CV
- The names, addresses, daytime telephone numbers and e-mail addresses for three professional references, either attached to your resume/CV or uploaded as a separate document
Please do not submit any of your application material (via email) to the job posting contact.
Job Category: Faculty
Primary Location: Aurora
Department: H0001 -- Anschutz Medical Campus - 20214 - SOM-MED-Oncology
Posting Date: Nov 4, 2016
Closing Date: Ongoing
Posting Contact Name: Everlyn Sandoval
Posting Contact Email: Everlyn.Sandoval@ucdenver.edu
Position Number: 00689795