PeopleSoft Financial Systems Analyst
The Office of University Controller (OUC) is responsible for managing the university's system of record - the Financial System - and its interfaces with purchasing, payables, human resources, and other subsystems, including the Cognos Reporting System. It works closely with the campus controllers, the state controller, and the state auditor's office to ensure that fiscal practices comply with external and internal rules and regulations and generally accepted accounting principles. The OUC communicates fiscal policies and procedures to the university community through its news blog, website, and training programs, and provides direct assistance to faculty, staff, and other individuals through the Finance & Procurement Help Desk. The office also administers a Continuing Professional Education program and the CU Shared Practices (CUSP) employee recognition program.
This position works with a team of analysts that is responsible for providing first and second line support to all business users of PeopleSoft 9.2 Financial Suite including General Ledger, Accounts Payable, Purchase Order, Billing, Accounts Receivable and Asset Management; as well as subsystems interfaces including PeopleSoft HRMS, PeopleSoft Enterprise Campus Solutions, Concur Travel and Expense, and SciQuest e-Procurement. This position also serves as a liaison between University Information Systems and campuses to support business operations, satisfy inquires, resolve issues, and support the applications.
- Manage user support requests using appropriate systems and processes and ensure timely resolution, tracking, and monitoring.
- Provide first line (level 1) support for PeopleSoft Financials applications, including logging, triaging, conducting initial diagnosis and first line resolution.
- Where feasible, provide level 2 support, investigation and resolution
- Identify recurring issues, conduct root cause analyses, and provide metrics as required.
- Partner with Finance and IT personnel to support business operations to satisfy inquiries, resolve issues, and support applications.
- Strong understanding of Structured Query Language (SQL), and PeopleSoft Query.
- Help all business users achieve maximum utilization of the PeopleSoft system capabilities to achieve process improvements, identifying and communicating opportunities for automation.
- Produce necessary system, process and testing documentation.
- Support PeopleSoft financial system upgrade and patch initiatives.
- Design and configure new features in the PeopleSoft 9.2 upgrade release to maximize capabilities of work centers and portals.
- Provide user support and prepare technical and functional system documentation as needed.
- As requested, undertake project based duties in the IT system implementation lifecycle such as analysis and testing.
- Create functional requirements as an input to application design.
- Assist with subsystem accounting and reconciliation with reporting.
- Assist with GL month-end closings, year-end closing, allocation processing, and overall trouble-shooting.
- Foster teamwork through cooperative interactions with co-workers. Ensures project integration by communicating activities to supervisors, appropriate project team members, and business users.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Who we are: System Administration, which also houses the Office of the President, is located in the uptown neighborhood of Denver with an office in Broomfield and a few smaller offices located on the campuses. This position is located in Denver. Many of our departments support the educational and research missions of the four University of Colorado campuses. We provide diverse opportunities for professional development, innovation, and collaboration with talented staff and faculty.
What we offer:
Salary: The salary has been established at $65K- $70K.
Benefits: The University of Colorado offers an excellent benefits package including medical, dental, retirement, paid time off, tuition benefit and ECO Pass. Information on benefits programs, including eligibility, is available at www.cu.edu/employee-services/.
- A Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, IT or relevant field from an accredited college or university.
- Three (3) or more years of experience in a PeopleSoft production support, business, or systems analyst role.
- Three (3) or more experience in and demonstrated proficiency in two or more of the following PeopleSoft modules: General Ledger, Accounts Payable, Billing, Accounts Receivable, Asset Management.
- Three (3) or more years professional experience utilizing PeopleSoft General Ledger.
- Three (3) or more years experience developing effective testing scripts.
- Demonstrated excellent written and oral communications.
- CPA or Master's degree.
- Two years of supervisory experience.
- Experience with PeopleSoft nVision, BI Publisher, and Application Designer.
- Experience with BI Publisher reports, especially invoice formats.
- Prior work experience in the State of Colorado, college or university, or oversight agency.
Special Instructions to Applicants:Full consideration will be given to candidates who have completed applications submitted by March 6, 2017. Reference checking is a standard step in our hiring process. You may be asked to provide contact information, including email addresses, for up to five references as part of the search process for this position. *Please note: All application materials must be submitted through CU Careers; emailed materials will not be considered.*
The University of Colorado is committed to providing a safe and productive learning and living community. To achieve that goal, we conduct background investigations for all final applicants being considered for employment. Background investigations include a criminal history record check, and when appropriate, a financial and/or motor vehicle history. The Immigration Reform and Control Act requires a verification of employment eligibility be documented for all new employees by the end of the third day of work. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV, List of References
Application Materials Instructions:You must attach a cover letter, resume, and references to your application as three separate documents. Please ensure you check the "Job Specific Attachments" box next the each document on the "Required Documents" page of the application for the appropriate documents to be attached. For full consideration please have completed applications submitted by March 6, 2017.
Job Category: Business Services
Primary Location: Denver
Department: S0001 -- System Administration - 50027 - University Controller
Posting Date: Feb 15, 2017
Closing Date: Ongoing
Posting Contact Name: Kris Truesdale
Posting Contact Email: Kris.Truesdale@cu.edu
Position Number: 00505380