*Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/cu-careers*
University of Colorado Denver l Anschutz Medical Campus
Office of Information Technology
IdM Developer- (Denver Campus)
Position #1589 - Requisition #07938
The Office of Information Technology works to advance the University mission by providing innovative technology solutions and services to the CU Denver Anschutz Medical Campuses, their constituents and partners.
Through our six core values, Service, Professionalism, Leadership, Innovation, Community, and Excellence (SPLICE), we make a difference.
Click here to find out more about the Office of Information Technology
The IdM software developer position provides support of existing infrastructure as well as hands on development and integration efforts with current Identity and Access Management solution.
Examples of Work Performed:
• Implementation of Oracle Identity Manager tools for provisioning user access. Work with operational team in specifying technical requirements for access in idM and ensure the correct architecture/design is implemented for the business process.
• Configuration and integration of Oracle Identity Manager product functionality to fulfill requirements that cannot be met with standard out-of the-box functionality. (Typical toolset would include Java, PL/SQL & SOA)
• Interact with various campus business units that need to automate processes, gather requirements, design and deliver solution that integrates with IdM implementation.
• Create and maintain documentation for IdM related activities and metric reporting.
• Maintain and enhance existing Oracle applications and internal systems as identified by supervisor.
• Perform user design of Oracle-based systems in mockups, prototyping, implementation and deployment. Steps would include wireframes, screen-flow diagrams and requirements documentation, written test plans, peer-code reviews and user acceptance testing.
• Develop database-driven web interfaces for rapid, real-time information sharing.
• Participate in full software life-cycle; requirements gathering and customer interface, coordination with software architects and engineers in system design, implementation and testing, customer signoff, on-going support and maintenance.
• Perform back-end coding using Java, XML, SQL, Oracle SOA Suite, PHP.
• Various other duties or tasks as assigned and/or needed.
Salary and Benefits:
Hiring salary for this position has been established as $50,000- $65,000 and is commensurate with experience. This position is not eligible for overtime compensation.
The University of Colorado offers a full benefits package. Information on University benefits programs, including eligibility, is located at www.cu.edu/employee-services/.
The University of Colorado Denver Anschutz Medical Campus is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees.
The University of Colorado Denver Anschutz Medical Campus is committed to recruiting and supporting a diverse student body, faculty and administrative staff. The university strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect, communication and understanding. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.
- Bachelor's degree or higher required in Computer Science, Information Technology, MIS, or a closely related field.
- 1 year of experience in application development and/ integration.
- Completion of an Associate's Degree in a closely related field plus 3 years of professional or high-level technical experience may be substituted for the bachelor's degree, but not for the 2 years of specific experience.
- 1+ years Java development experience, and a good understanding of XML concepts.
- 1 or more years' experience with web application development components such as Java, SOA Suite, Web Services, JDBC, etc.; in addition to, performance tuning, configuration, support, and troubleshooting web applications on a tiered architecture.
- Experience using PL/SQL or SQL query tools.
- Experience gathering, documenting and validating business requirements.
- 1 to 2 years software development or systems integration experience.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Understanding of business processes associated with user management lifecycle and ability to design and implement workflow rule-based provisioning solutions to meet complex business requirements.
- Skilled in Java development, and a good understanding of XML concepts, foundational security infrastructure concepts across operating systems, networking, and tiered architectures.
- Familiarity with most of the following: Microsoft Active Directory, Oracle Database, Linux.
- Ability to work with different teams and interact with technical and business folks across the enterprise.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Skilled at determining & documenting requirements and technical alternatives
- Knowledge of RDMS systems Oracle / MySQL.
- Knowledge of Web Services including Service Oriented Architecture (SOA), Software as a Service (SAAS), Infrastructure as a Services (IAAS), Oracle SOA Suite
- Ability to establish and maintain effective professional working relations with colleagues, associates, administrative staff members, faculty, and with personnel of external agencies and organizations.
- Knowledge with an SQL query tool, PL/SQL is preferred.
- Ability to provide operational support and design/development activity at the same time.
- Operational IT knowledge within a structured environment with increasing levels of responsibility and complexity.
- Knowledge of enterprise solution implementation of Oracle Fusion Middleware using OIM software.
- Knowledge of LDAP directory; preferably development knowledge with Oracle Directory Products.
- Knowledge of development against an Oracle back end.
- Configuration and customer development knowledge in Oracle Identity Manager.
- Knowledge of connectors, reconciliation, and request workflows, approval workflows, manual and automated provisioning workflows, reporting and analytics.
Special Instructions to Applicants:Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/cu-careers.* REQUIRED APPLICATION MATERIALS: 1). A letter of application which specifically addresses the job requirements and outlines qualifications. 2). A current resume/CV. Questions should be directed to OIT Human Resources at ucd-oit.HumanResources@ucdenver.edu
Reference checks are a standard step in our hiring process. You may be asked to provide contact information, including e-mail addresses, for up to 5 references if you are referred to the Hiring Authority for an interview. We will notify you prior to contacting both on and off-list references.
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV, List of References
Application Materials Instructions:APPLICATION DEADLINE: Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled.
Job Category: Information Technology
Primary Location: Denver
Department: U0001 -- Denver-Anschutz Administration - 60131 - ADM-AVCOIT Administration
Posting Date: Jan 4, 2017
Closing Date: Ongoing
Posting Contact Name: OIT Human Resources
Posting Contact Email: ucd-OIT.HumanResources@ucdenver.edu
Position Number: 00001589