Integrations Data Analyst
Located in uptown Denver, University Information Systems (UIS) provides technical services and a portfolio of secure, reliable and cost effective enterprise applications to the University of Colorado campuses and the Office of the President. UIS is committed to excellence in customer service and technical expertise.
This position is in the University Information Systems Integrations Team. The Integrations Data Analyst will assist customers, developers and managers in determining data needs in order to create system integrations. This position will work closely with both Integrations and Data Warehouse developers to design and implement integrations which leverage existing integration infrastructure to support new functional requests. The Integrations Data Analyst will also be responsible for enacting and enforcing integration strategy as defined by the Integrations and Data Warehouse teams.
The Integrations Data Analyst works with groups such as:
- Application Managers
- Functional and technical staff within UIS, PeopleSoft, Integrations and Data Warehouse systems
- Functional and technical staff on any University of Colorado campus (Boulder, Denver/Anschutz, Colorado Springs)
- Third-party vendors
- Work with customers and developers to analyze and define integration and data requirements (30%)
- Work with developers to design integrations which leverage existing integration tools and foundational systems (25%)
- Work with the Integrations and Data Warehouse teams to enact and enforce strategic level decisions (25%)
- Evangelize and advocate for UIS services throughout the University campuses (10%)
- Performs all other duties as assigned (10%)
The University of Colorado is committed to recruiting and supporting diversity and equality in education and employment. The university strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect, communication and understanding. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans.
Who we are: System Administration, which also houses the Office of the President, is located in the uptown neighborhood of Denver with an office in Broomfield and a few smaller offices located on the campuses. This position is located in Denver. Many of our departments support the educational and research missions of the four University of Colorado campuses. We provide diverse opportunities for professional development, innovation, and collaboration with talented staff and faculty.
What we offer:
Salary: The salary has been established at $80,000-$90,000.
Benefits: The University of Colorado offers an excellent benefits package including medical, dental, retirement, paid time off, tuition benefit and ECO Pass. Information on benefits programs, including eligibility, is available at www.cu.edu/employee-services/.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, information systems or a related field
- Proven working experience as a data analyst or business data analyst
- Technical expertise regarding data models, database design development and segmentation techniques
- Strong knowledge of and experience with database query tools (Oracle SQL Developer, etc.)
- Experience working with PeopleSoft HCM, Campus Solutions or an enterprise-wide Salesforce.com implementation
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to multi-task
- Ability to travel between campuses within the state of Colorado
- Basic understanding of integration styles such as SOAP and REST.
Special Instructions to Applicants:For full consideration, please apply by February 8, 2017. Reference checking is a standard step in our hiring process. You may be asked to provide contact information, including email addresses, for up to five references as part of the search process for this position. *Please note: All application materials must be submitted through CU Careers; emailed materials will not be considered.*
The University of Colorado is committed to providing a safe and productive learning and living community. To achieve that goal, we conduct background investigations for all final applicants being considered for employment. Background investigations include a criminal history record check, and when appropriate, a financial and/or motor vehicle history. The Immigration Reform and Control Act requires a verification of employment eligibility be documented for all new employees by the end of the third day of work. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV
Application Materials Instructions:You must attach a cover letter and resume to your application as two separate documents. Please ensure you check the "Job Specific Attachments" box next the each document on the "Required Documents" page of the application for the appropriate documents to be attached. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled, but full consideration will be given to complete applications received by Wednesday, February 8, 2017. Those who do not apply by February 8, 2017 may or may not be considered.
Job Category: Information Technology
Primary Location: Denver
Department: S0001 -- System Administration - 50119 - University Information Systems
Posting Date: Jan 26, 2017
Closing Date: Ongoing
Posting Contact Name: Lauren Morain
Posting Contact Email: email@example.com
Position Number: 00731289