Assistant Professor Lung Clinic
University of Colorado - School of Medicine
This faculty position is full-time at the Assistant Professor level within the Medical Oncology Division, Department of Medicine in the University of Colorado Cancer Lung Clinic. The Assistant Professor will be an active participant in the Thoracic Malignancies Clinical Program, although additional coverage in other clinical programs such as Phase I may be considered. Participants in programs are involved in direct patient care, clinical research, and, as needed, laboratory and translational research.
The Division of Medical Oncology consists of a diverse group of clinicians and basic science faculty, clinical and research trainees, research laboratory technicians, students, administrative assistants and administrators. The missions of the Division of Medical Oncology are to provide the best cancer care available, to perform cutting-edge cancer research, to provide first-rate cancer education, to optimize clinician/basic scientist collegiality and collaboration, and to provide outstanding resources for the support of these activities of the Division.
Infectious Materials/Human Blood or Bodily Fluids
HIPAA - Access to PHI
HIPAA - Operations
HIPAA - Payment
HIPAA - Research
HIPAA - Treatment
- Must have an M.D. degree from an accredited Institution in the U.S., or the equivalent. If a non-U.S. graduate
- Must complete ECFMG certification and be qualified to obtain a temporary Colorado Medical license.
- Board certified or eligible in Medical Oncology; and 0-5 years of work experience as a Medical Oncologist
- The candidate must have excellent clinical skills pertaining to medical oncology in general and thoracic malignancies in particular and a proven track-record in clinical and/or correlative laboratory based oncology research,including clinical protocol development.
Salary and Benefits:
Salary is commensurate with skills and experience. The University of Colorado offers a full benefits package. Information on University benefits programs, including eligibility, is located at Employee Services.
The University of Colorado Denver is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees.
The University of Colorado strongly supports the principle of diversity. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.
The Immigration Reform and Control Act requires that verification of employment eligibility be documented for all new employees by the end of the third day of work. Alternative formats of this ad are available upon request for persons with disabilities.
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV, List of References
Application Materials Instructions:
Applications are accepted electronically at CU Careers, refer to requisition ID: 06608
When applying, applicants must include:
- A letter of application which specifically addresses the job requirements and outlines qualifications
- A current Resume/CV
- The names, addresses, daytime telephone numbers and e-mail addresses for three professional references, either attached to your resume/CV or uploaded as a separate document
Please do not submit any of your application material (via email) to the job posting contact.
Job Category: Faculty
Primary Location: Aurora
Department: H0001 -- Anschutz Medical Campus - 20214 - SOM-MED-Oncology
Posting Date: Sep 1, 2016
Closing Date: Ongoing
Posting Contact Name: Everlyn Sandoval
Posting Contact Email: Everlyn.Sandoval@ucdenver.edu
Position Number: 00601911