E-Resources Access Librarian
The University of Colorado Denver's Auraria Library seeks an E-Resources Access Librarian who will lead the Library's efforts to meet the challenges of accessing and managing electronic resources. This non-tenure track instructor position will focus on streamlining the access and discovery of learning materials to promote new forms of scholarly communication and foster the acquisitions-to-discovery workflow vision of a 21st century academic library. This dynamic, experienced, and service-oriented librarian will be an integral member of the Resource Management Department, which oversees the acquisition, cataloging, metadata, troubleshooting and access to all of Auraria Library's purchased content.
The E-Resources Access Librarian has primary leadership responsibility for maintaining and troubleshooting access to Auraria Library's electronic materials. Over 80% of the Library's $3.6M Learning Materials budget is dedicated to electronic resources. As the purchasing of these resources grows, more and more attention must be paid to their maintenance. In addition, a vast number of Auraria Library's patrons access the Library's electronic resources from off-campus. This position is committed to maintaining awareness of trends and ongoing developments in areas related to the entire life cycle of electronic resources. This position collaborates with and represents the interests of Auraria Library to library and campus-wide committees, national organizations, and other institutions as needed. This position directly supervises the E-Resources Cataloging Librarian and one student assistant. This position reports to the Resource Management, Department Head.
- Work closely with library systems (Serials Solutions, Innovative, EZ Proxy), database vendors (EBSCO, Proquest, Gale), and publishers (Oxford, Cambridge) to create and follow best practices for providing excellent access to Auraria Library's electronic content.
- Strategically engages with members of the Library's Education, Research and Access Services Division to customize the Library's discovery layer to provide a user experience that supports the educational mission of the Library.
- Analyzes the Library's role as a content access provider and develops best practices for streamlining access using appropriate data.
- Provides leadership on external committees such as the CU System Access & Discovery team.
- Supervises and evaluates the E-Resources Cataloging Librarian and one student assistant.
- Analyzes daily user access issues to uncover and diagnose larger, systemic issues, for example, issues affecting off-campus access, online security, mobile devices, and platform changes.
- Investigates, develops, and implements proactive workflows and processes to identify electronic access issues before they become problems.
- Leads the Troubleshooting Team, a cross-departmental committee of library staff dedicated to identifying and removing obstacles to accessing the Library's electronic content.
Screening Date: This position is open until filled. For full consideration, apply by March 8, 2017.
Compensation: $50,000-$55,000 commensurate with education and experience.
- Master's degree from an ALA-accredited library school or program.
- Experience managing electronic resources
- Experience cataloging and managing electronic resources in an academic or research library.
- Experience managing current and emerging library technologies including integrated library systems, discovery layers, or URL resolvers.
- Supervisory experience.
Salary and Benefits:
Salary is commensurate with skills and experience. The University of Colorado offers a full benefits package. Information on University benefits programs, including eligibility, is located at Employee Services.
The University of Colorado Denver is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees.
The University of Colorado strongly supports the principle of diversity. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.
The Immigration Reform and Control Act requires that verification of employment eligibility be documented for all new employees by the end of the third day of work. Alternative formats of this ad are available upon request for persons with disabilities.
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV, List of References
Application Materials Instructions:
Applications are accepted electronically at CU Careers, refer to requisition ID: 08502
When applying, applicants must include:
- A letter of application which specifically addresses the job requirements and outlines qualifications
- A current Resume/CV
- The names, addresses, daytime telephone numbers and e-mail addresses for three professional references, either attached to your resume/CV or uploaded as a separate document
Please do not submit any of your application material (via email) to the job posting contact.
Job Category: Faculty
Primary Location: Denver
Department: D0001 -- Denver Campus - 30124 - AVC-OARS Library
Posting Date: Feb 16, 2017
Closing Date: Ongoing
Posting Contact Name: Alex Matthews
Posting Contact Email: email@example.com
Position Number: 00350751