Assistant Director of Facilities & Operations
University of Colorado Denver
Student Wellness Center
Assistant Director of Facilities and Operations
Position #731905 - Requisition #08537
* Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/cu-careers *
The Student Wellness Center has an opening for a full-time University Staff (unclassified) Assistant Director of Wellness and Outdoor Pursuits. The Student Wellness Center is a new facility, currently under construction, and scheduled to open in the spring semester of 2018. The Student Wellness Center vision was created by students around the 7 dimensions of wellness, seeking to provide an inclusive and holistic wellness and recreational outlet for the CU Denver campus community. Learn more about the facility here.
Located in the heart of downtown, CU Denver provides a vibrant, urban research university experience, with academic programs ranging from the liberal arts and sciences to global energy management, music industry studies and criminal justice among eight schools and colleges. The classroom extends into the city as students study, network and build careers in the surrounding business district. CU Denver unites quality academics, ambitious research and creative work, civic consciousness and driven students-all in the lively setting of downtown Denver. Read CU Denver Quick Facts here.
Jobs in this career family support students' emotional and physical well-being and intellectual, cultural and social development outside the context of the formal instruction program or traditional academic unit. Functions include student counseling, career guidance, residence life, multicultural affairs, support of student activities and organizations, recreation services and intramural athletics administration.
Assistant Directors have responsibility for projects, functions or processes within a department. These positions may recommend strategy and provide professional support to Directors and may have the authority to act on the Director's behalf. Assistant Directors typically supervise other staff but do not generally control the allocation of fiscal or human resources.
The Assistant Director of Facilities and Operations will provide leadership and expertise in facility management and maintenance, member services and special events. This position is responsible for oversight of the day-to-day operations, and fiscal management of the Student Wellness Center physical plant, membership sales and services. This position will establish and implement a student centered staffing structure for areas of oversight, providing mentorship and support to student positions. As a new position, within a new facility, this role will be integral in the development and implementation of on-going planning, program administration and efforts in areas of oversight. This position will serve on the leadership team of the Student Wellness Center, and will offer supervision to facility housekeeping contracts, unclassified staff (2), classified staff (1), and multiple student staff.
Salary and Benefits:
The salary range for this position has been established at $48,750 to $ 57,000 and is commensurate with skills and experience.
The University of Colorado offers a full benefits package. Information on University benefits programs, including eligibility, is located at https://www.cu.edu/employee-services.
The University of Colorado Denver Anschutz Medical Campus is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees.
The University of Colorado Denver Anschutz Medical Campus is committed to recruiting and supporting a diverse student body, faculty and administrative staff. The university strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect, communication and understanding. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.
- Bachelors' degree from an accredited institution in Sports Management, Exercise Science, Higher Education, Physical Education or a closely related field.
- The position requires extensive, diverse and progressively responsible experience at the management level, including direct responsibility for facility management and/or membership management
A combination of education and related technical/paraprofessional experience may be substituted for the bachelor's degree on a year for year basis.
Condition of Employment:
- Current CPR/AED certification, or willing and able to obtain prior to start date.
- Master's degree from an accredited university in Sports Management, Exercise Science, Higher Education, Physical Education or related field.
- Experience in higher education/campus recreation setting.
- Experience in pool maintenance, Certified Pool Operator.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both in writing and orally.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees at all levels throughout the institution.
- Outstanding customer service skills.
- Demonstrated commitment and leadership ability to advance diversity and inclusion.
- Ability to utilize campus recreation or competitive sports software. e.g. IM Leagues, Fusion, CSI, BNW, etc.
- Ability to work in a dynamic environment, with a variable schedule which may include occasional early mornings or evenings, as well as weekends and nights, and the ability to attend on and off campus events.
Special Instructions to Applicants:Required Application Materials: To apply, please visit: http://www.cu.edu/cu-careers and attach: 1. A letter of application which specifically addresses the job requirements and outlines qualifications 2. A current CV/resume 3. List of three to five professional references (we will notify you prior to contacting both on and off-list references) Questions should be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV, List of References
Application Materials Instructions:Application Deadline: Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/cu-careers. Review of applications will begin March 10, 2017, and will continue until the position is filled.
Job Category: Student Services
Primary Location: Denver
Department: D0001 -- Denver Campus - 30040 - AVCASA-SA Student Affairs
Posting Date: Feb 16, 2017
Closing Date: Ongoing
Posting Contact Name: Carlos Miron
Posting Contact Email: email@example.com
Position Number: 00731905