Professional Research Assistant
University of Colorado - School of Medicine
Professional Research Assistant
NATURE OF WORK:
Data Science to Patient Value (D2V) is a multidisciplinary research initiative that focuses on Big Data methods, their applications to medicine and health care delivery, and ultimately, the achievement of high value health patient-centered health care. D2V accomplishes this by creating an environment of collaboration and innovation in which the top minds in Data Science, Health Care Delivery and Health Services Research tackle important problems. D2V places a high priority on translation and dissemination ensuring the 'products', be they analytic methods or care pathways, have maximal impact.
D2V has an opening for a full-time Professional Research Assistant (PRA). This position is responsible for coordinating research-related activities such as education, evaluation and/or implementation projects, under the supervision of the D2V Program Manager. Competitive candidates will be detail-oriented, innately curious, and highly motivated to excel in a dynamic team environment.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Tasks assigned may include, but are not limited to:
- Execute and maintain research and other project processes according to research protocol and/or project management plan.
- Projects may include:
- Pilot research protocols
- Educational activities & events
- Stakeholder outreach & engagement
- Pilot research protocols
- Facilitate communication among Principal Investigators and study team to ensure timely achievement of project goals.
- Design, develop and coordinate study protocols, instruments/tools, consent forms, and all other documents related to the research and evaluation projects.
- Request and coordinate access to and/or transfer of large data sets.
- Conducting study subject recruitment; study subjects include patients in the inpatient and outpatient setting, families and/or caregivers of patients, clinicians, or other relevant project stakeholders.
- Data collection, entry, and management; medical record review and reporting.
- Compiling and disseminating documents (including visual presentations, e.g., posters for conferences) related to the research projects.
- Maintain regulatory documents in accordance with Institutional Review Board and other applicable regulatory institutions.
- Maintain relationships with study stakeholders and associated non-study personnel.
- Literature searches and manuscript coordination, editing, and submission.
- Coordinating and compiling grant applications.
Additional tasks required for project management and completion.
- Bachelor's degree in relevant field.
- Highly organized and attentive to detail with excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Comfortable working with various stakeholders from patients, caregivers/family members to clinicians/academics/analysts.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and emotional intelligence.
- Ability to manage multiple concurrent assignments.
- Ability to problem-solve unexpected and novel technical and logistical challenges associated with complex projects.
- Ability to work independently with limited supervision and collaboratively as an integral member of various teams.
- Project management experience, preferably in a research/evaluation capacity.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office applications, including Excel, Word, and Outlook.
- Master's degree in relevant field
- Experience with Data Science, Public Health, Health Services, Engagement, Epidemiology, or Implementation research fields.
- Aptitude to learn database management software and other software as needed.
- Past experience submitting protocols to an Institutional Review Board (IRB).
- Previous experience in research/evaluation project management, qualitative and quantitative data collection, data management, and analysis.
- Manuscript development, writing, and submission experience.
Salary and Benefits:
Salary is commensurate with skills and experience. The University of Colorado offers a full benefits package. Information on University benefits programs, including eligibility, is located at Employee Services.
The University of Colorado Denver is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees.
The University of Colorado strongly supports the principle of diversity. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.
The Immigration Reform and Control Act requires that verification of employment eligibility be documented for all new employees by the end of the third day of work. Alternative formats of this ad are available upon request for persons with disabilities.
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV, List of References
Application Materials Instructions:
Applications are accepted electronically at CU Careers, refer to requisition ID: 8217
When applying, applicants must include:
- A letter of application which specifically addresses the job requirements and outlines qualifications
- A current Resume/CV
- The names, addresses, daytime telephone numbers and e-mail addresses for three professional references, either attached to your resume/CV or uploaded as a separate document
Please do not submit any of your application material (via email) to the job posting contact.
Job Category: Faculty
Primary Location: Aurora
Department: H0001 -- Anschutz Medical Campus - 20209 - SOM-MED-GIM
Posting Date: Jan 25, 2017
Closing Date: Ongoing
Posting Contact Name: Kelley Burns
Posting Contact Email: Kelley.burns@UCDenver.edu
Position Number: 00731254