Pediatric Health Services PRA
University of Colorado - School of Medicine
Professional Research Assistant
Nature of Work:
This full-time (1.0 FTE) Professional Research Assistant position is responsible for providing research support to improve the early identification of children with developmental delay or disability, increase children's access to and utilization of pediatric therapy services, and evaluate pediatric therapy effectiveness and cost-effectiveness. This is a jointly funded position in the Doctor of Physical Therapy Program (School of Medicine) and the Department of Health Systems, Management and Policy (School of Public Health). The ideal candidate with have experience in the areas of pediatric health services research, community-based participatory research, and clinical pragmatic trials. This position entails a wide range of duties, including literature searches, study recruitment and enrollment, scheduling, data abstraction, participant interviews, data analysis, and database management.
Clinical Sciences; Public Health; Rehabilitation Sciences
This position will report directly to Dr. Dawn Magnusson (Primary, Doctor of Physical Therapy Program) and Dr. Beth McManus (Secondary, Department of Health Systems, Management and Policy, and the Doctor of Physical Therapy Program).
Examples of Work Performed:
It will be important for this position to become fully acquainted with the needs of the investigators through extensive training and discussion to effectively carry out the duties described below:
- Work with the Library Information Specialist to complete requested literature searches
- Recruit and enroll study participants
- Abstract data from electronic health records
- Conduct participant interviews and focus groups
- Assist in the analysis of quantitative and qualitative data
- Manage quantitative and qualitative databases
- Assist in preparing grant applications and publications to ensure that formatting requirements and deadlines are met
- Work with the Grants Manager to process non-budgetary aspects of grant applications
- Work with the Fiscal Coordinator to process and monitor expenses, and to ensure that project aims are completed on time and within budget limitations
- Complete other duties as assigned
- Minimum of a Master's degree, or equivalent experience from an accredited college or university in clinical sciences, public health, rehabilitation sciences, or related field.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Excellent organizational skills
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to work effectively with a team, as well as independently
- Previous experience in a clinical research setting
- Computer skills: intermediate to advanced experience with MS word
- Analytic skills: intermediate experience with quantitative software (e.g., SAS, STATA, SPSS)
- Spanish fluency preferred
Salary and Benefits:
Salary is $34,000 to $70,000; commensurate with skills and experience. The University of Colorado offers a full benefits package. Information on University benefits programs, including eligibility, is located at Employee Services.
The University of Colorado Denver is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees.
The University of Colorado strongly supports the principle of diversity. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.
The Immigration Reform and Control Act requires that verification of employment eligibility be documented for all new employees by the end of the third day of work. Alternative formats of this ad are available upon request for persons with disabilities.
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV, List of References
Application Materials Instructions:
Applications are accepted electronically at CU Careers, refer to requisition ID: 8388
When applying, applicants must include:
- A letter of application which specifically addresses the job requirements and outlines qualifications
- A current Resume/CV
- The names, addresses, daytime telephone numbers and e-mail addresses for three professional references, either attached to your resume/CV or uploaded as a separate document
Please do not submit any of your application material (via email) to the job posting contact.
Job Category: Faculty
Primary Location: Aurora
Department: H0001 -- Anschutz Medical Campus - 20884 - SOM-RM Physical Therapy
Posting Date: Feb 13, 2017
Closing Date: Ongoing
Posting Contact Name: Dawn Magnusson
Posting Contact Email: email@example.com
Position Number: 00662556