SafeCare Site Manager/Coach/Trainer -Bilingual English/Spanish
University of Colorado School of Medicine
SafeCare Site Manager/Coach/Trainer-Bilingual English/Spanish
Department of Pediatrics/Section of School of Medicine
Position #731580 / Job Posting #08338
The Kempe Center for the Prevention and Treatment of Child Abuse and Neglect has an opening for a full time bilingual SafeCare Site Manager/Coach/Trainer, an Instructor position within the Department of Pediatrics.
SafeCare Colorado is a voluntary service for families to prevent entry or re-entry into the child welfare system, delivered through a partnership between the Kempe Center and the Colorado Department of Human Services. SafeCare is an evidence-based, in-home parent support program that is provided to families with children ages 0-5. This position will serve as a SafeCare Site Manager/Coach/Trainer, responsible for managing one or more bodies of work related to the implementation of SafeCare Colorado, such as family engagement, community engagement, and curriculum development. The product of this work is expected to be executed in a manner that is applicable to all sites across Colorado. As such, the Site Manager is expected to keep apprised of and contribute to all bodies of work across the larger state-wide project. This person will also perform SafeCare training, coaching and certification duties to multiple sites across the state of Colorado, and provide specialized and dedicated support to their specific sites. Required travel for this position can average 50% time at sites across Colorado.
A national leader in health care and life sciences, CU Anschutz is the only comprehensive academic health sciences center in Colorado and the largest in the Rocky Mountain region. Located in Aurora, Colo., it is one of the newest education, research and patient care facilities in the world. With six schools and colleges, CU Anschutz trains the health sciences workforce of the future by blending education, research and clinical care all in one place. This strategic collaboration among diverse health care fields allows knowledge to travel directly from the research bench to the patient's bedside. Read CU Anschutz Quick Facts here.
The University of Colorado Denver Anschutz Medical Campus is committed to recruiting and supporting a diverse student body, faculty and administrative staff. The university strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect, communication and understanding.
This position will serve as a SafeCare Site Manager/Coach/Trainer (Spanish Speaking), responsible for managing one or more bodies of work related to the implementation of SafeCare Colorado, such as family engagement, community engagement, and curriculum development. The product of this work is expected to be executed in a manner that is applicable to all sites across Colorado. As such, the Site Manager is expected to keep apprised of and contribute to all bodies of work across the larger state-wide project. This person will also perform SafeCare training, coaching and certification duties-in Spanish-to multiple sites across the state of Colorado, and provide specialized and dedicated support to their specific sites. Required travel for this position can average 50% time at sites across Colorado
Examples of Work Performed:
- Serve as the key liaison between state-wide sites, the Kempe Center, and the state of Colorado
- Facilitate and support regularly scheduled meetings with community stakeholders, site supervisors, the National SafeCare Training and Research Center, and state representatives to assess organization progress in implementing SafeCare, program successes, and provide problem solving techniques
- Develop and refine state-wide protocols and materials as it is applied in different settings and with different populations
- Develop site specific learning resources on family and community engagement, leadership, hiring, and additional trainings
- Assist in the dissemination of information about SafeCare, including through the facilitation of connections between SafeCare sites and community partners
- Assist the project investigator with organizing and managing the electronic database of trainees, managing files related to training, fidelity, performance monitoring, and report generation
- (A) Attend a succession of SafeCare Training workshops, (B) demonstrate skills in the field, and as monitored by a coach, to become certified as a SafeCare Home Visitor, then Coach, then Trainer, and (C) participate in ongoing coaching to promote professional development, and maintain and strengthen SafeCare skills
- Serve as a state-wide SafeCare Colorado Coach and Trainer by (A) providing regular coaching for Home Visitors and Site Coaches to conduct fidelity monitoring, and (B) conducting state-wide trainings for Home Visitors and Site Coaches on relevant skills and techniques
- Assist with ongoing Continuous Quality Improvement efforts to enhance and monitor the quality and fidelity of SafeCare through site visits, ongoing coaching of Home Visitor and Site Coaches, performance feedback, and site supervisor and leadership meetings
PLEASE NOTE: Candidates will be responsible for travel expenses related to the interview process and any relocation expenses, if applicable.
- Master's Degree in Psychology or related field -OR- a Bachelor's Degree in Psychology or related field plus 4 years relevant work experience
- Fluent in Spanish
- Experience delivering interventions to families, especially parenting- or child-focused
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Knowledge of program management responsibilities
- Skilled in oral and written communication with the ability to write and conduct daily communications
- Knowledgeable about the needs of diverse communities
- Able to represent the project internally and externally in a professional and positive manner
- Able to work independently
- Able to execute multiple deliverables at any given time
- Experience in the implementation or start-up of programs
- Experience in coaching and/or training individuals
- Knowledgeable in fidelity monitoring
- Experience in collaboration across agencies
Condition of Employment:
Must successfully pass a drug test through Children's Hospital Colorado
Must be willing and able to pass a national criminal background check
Salary and Benefits:
The salary range (or the hiring range) for this position has been established at $52,500 to $65,000 and is commensurate with skills and experience. The University of Colorado offers a full benefits package. Information on University benefits programs, including eligibility, is located at Employee Services.
The University of Colorado Denver is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees.
The University of Colorado strongly supports the principle of diversity. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.
The Immigration Reform and Control Act requires that verification of employment eligibility be documented for all new employees by the end of the third day of work. Alternative formats of this ad are available upon request for persons with disabilities.
Special Instructions to Applicants:Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/careers Review of applications will begin January, 2016, and will continue until the position is filled.
Reference checks are a standard step in our hiring process. You may be asked to provide contact information, including e-mail addresses, for up to 5 references if you are referred to the Hiring Authority for interview. We will notify you prior to contacting both on and off-list references.
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV
Application Materials Instructions:Required Application Materials: When applying at www.cu.edu/careers, applicants must include: 1. A cover letter of application which specifically addresses the job requirements and outlines qualifications 2. A current CV or resume Questions should be directed to Leah.Garbe@childrenscolorado.org
Job Category: Faculty
Primary Location: Aurora
Department: H0001 -- Anschutz Medical Campus - 20932 - SOM-PEDS Kempe-GenOps
Posting Date: Feb 8, 2017
Closing Date: Ongoing
Posting Contact Name: Leah Garbe
Posting Contact Email: email@example.com
Position Number: 00731580