Nurse Practitioner (Sleep)
University of Colorado - School of Medicine
Nurse Practitioner (Sleep)
The Division of Pulmonary Sciences and Critical Care Medicine is seeking an energetic individual for a full-time Nurse Practitioner position within the outpatient sleep medicine clinic in the Center for Lungs and Breathing of the University of Colorado Hospital. The position would hold the title of Instructor of Medicine within the Pulmonary and Critical Care Division of the University of Colorado. The responsibilities would include the assessment and ongoing management of patients with sleep-related diseases. The provider would work closely with the physicians within the Center for Lungs and Breathing and would care for patients within the Sleep Medicine Clinic. The provider would participate in multi-disciplinary conferences for these respective clinics and help gather and present data within these conferences.
Direct and Indirect supervision by sleep medicine board certified physicians overseeing the clinic with reporting to the Pillar leaders for the Center for Lungs and Breathing.
This position requires no supervisory duties.
- Outpatient assessment and care of patients with sleep-related complaints and disease.
- Assisting physicians in the outpatient care of this same patient population
- Participation in multi-disciplinary conferences and presentation of patients within these same conferences.
- Follow-up care: phone follow-up, clinic visits for continuity, medication, and CPAP compliance monitoring
- Organization and follow-up of sleep study results and CPAP compliance documentation for the sleep medicine patient population
- Scheduling of evaluations and tests
- Engaging and communicating with consulting services
- Enrollment and follow-up of patients in clinical trials, where appropriate
- Screening and identification of potential patients who would benefit from second-line therapies for obstructive sleep apnea, including surgical intervention
- Maintaining an up-to-date understanding of the continually changing requirements for CPAP compliance and documentation required by insurance and DME companies
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Excellent communication skills to interact with multiple medical providers and disciplines
- Excellent bedside manner and physical exam skills
- General Internal Medicine knowledge base (Sleep-medicie related specialized knowledge and skills desirable, but will be obtained as on-the-job training as well)
- Sleep Medicine background preferred, but not required
- Acute care nurse practitioner (ACNP) training
- Eligible or licensed in Colorado
- Certified to see adolescents and adults
Salary and Benefits:
Salary is commensurate with skills and experience. The University of Colorado offers a full benefits package. Information on University benefits programs, including eligibility, is located at Employee Services.
The University of Colorado Denver is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees.
The University of Colorado strongly supports the principle of diversity. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.
The Immigration Reform and Control Act requires that verification of employment eligibility be documented for all new employees by the end of the third day of work. Alternative formats of this ad are available upon request for persons with disabilities.
Special Instructions to Applicants:References should include at least 1 previous manager, preferably from the past 5 years.
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV, List of References
Application Materials Instructions:
Applications are accepted electronically at CU Careers, refer to requisition ID: 08048
When applying, applicants must include:
- A letter of application which specifically addresses the job requirements and outlines qualifications
- A current Resume/CV
- The names, addresses, daytime telephone numbers and e-mail addresses for three professional references, either attached to your resume/CV or uploaded as a separate document
Please do not submit any of your application material (via email) to the job posting contact.
Job Category: Faculty
Primary Location: Aurora
Department: H0001 -- Anschutz Medical Campus - 20219 - SOM-MED-Pulmonary Disease
Posting Date: Jan 17, 2017
Closing Date: Ongoing
Posting Contact Name: Leigh Kerwin
Posting Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Position Number: 00730771