Professional Research Assistant
University of Colorado - School of Medicine
Professional Research Assistant
The Janoff lab in the Department of Infectious Diseases at the School of Medicine has a full-time open position for a Professional Research Assistant to work at the Anschutz Medical Campus in Aurora. We are a translational research lab studying B and T cell function in mucosa in adults and children with and without HIV infection, pneumococcal disease, and other clinical contexts.
We offer a collegial and intellectually-stimulating environment to work collaboratively with experts in immunology, infectious diseases and medicine. Opportunities for publications and career advancement, learning new and emerging techniques in the field. Alumni of the lab have gone on to advanced medical and scientific training in leading academic institutions and biotech/pharma companies.
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in biology or related field.
- Minimum 2 years (with a Master's degree) or 5 years (with a Bachelor's degree) experience working in a research laboratory setting with in-depth knowledge of flow cytometry and other cell and molecular biology techniques.
- Statistical data analysis and presentation.
- Ability to provide support to other labs as part of managing a flow core.
- Ability to adhere to established bio-safety guidelines. This position requires routine handling of HIV+ specimens in Biosafety Level 2+ conditions. Training will be provided to work in a safe and effective manner.
- Independent and proactive, being able to take ownership of projects and further them in accordance to the lab's vision. Ability to work in a fast-paced environment under tight schedule with appropriate input from PI.
- Technically inclined with basic knowledge of immunology with ability to follow established protocols and troubleshoot experiments. Keep up with current literature in the field and suggest ideas and improvements.
- Flow cytometry: Design, validate, perform quality control and run 8-16 color panels on advanced digital flow cytometers (LSR II, LSRFortessa, Celesta), adept using FlowJo, sorting experience a plus
- Cell culture: Experience with mammalian primary and cultured cells
- RT-PCR and qPCR
- ELISA, ELISPOTs and other protein immunoassays
- Density gradient lymphocyte separation, other human tissue work a plus
- Library generation for Next generation sequencing platforms like MiSeq
- Fluorescent and Confocal microscopy
- Graphpad Prism or other statistical packages
Salary and Benefits:
Salary is commensurate with skills and experience. The University of Colorado offers a full benefits package. Information on University benefits programs, including eligibility, is located at Employee Services.
The University of Colorado Denver is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees.
The University of Colorado strongly supports the principle of diversity. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.
The Immigration Reform and Control Act requires that verification of employment eligibility be documented for all new employees by the end of the third day of work. Alternative formats of this ad are available upon request for persons with disabilities.
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV, List of References
Application Materials Instructions:
Applications are accepted electronically at CU Careers, refer to requisition ID: 8365
When applying, applicants must include:
- A letter of application which specifically addresses the job requirements and outlines qualifications
- A current Resume/CV
- The names, addresses, daytime telephone numbers and e-mail addresses for three professional references, either attached to your resume/CV or uploaded as a separate document
Please do not submit any of your application material (via email) to the job posting contact.
Job Category: Faculty
Primary Location: Aurora
Department: H0001 -- Anschutz Medical Campus - 20204 - SOM-MED-Infectious Disease
Posting Date: Feb 6, 2017
Closing Date: Ongoing
Posting Contact Name: Michael Durbin
Posting Contact Email: email@example.com
Position Number: 00640583