University of Colorado - Department of Dermatology
The Department of Dermatology at the University of Colorado seeks a full-time Instructor Level Nurse Practitioner at the University level at the Anschutz Medical Campus within the School of Medicine. The primary responsibility will be providing high quality dermatologic care to adult patients as part of the team of doctors and nurses in the dermatology clinic at University Hospital (ACP).
Licensed Nurse Practitioner
This position is under the direct supervision of the Dermatology Clinic Medical Director (Theo Alkousakis, MD) and will undergo at least 6 months of intense supervision.
Examples of Work Performed:
The intent of this position is to see dermatology patients in follow-up. Examples of these duties are:
- Routine skin examinations
- Simple procedures, such as biopsies, shave excisions, and destructive therapy
- Routine care for patients with on-going skin disease, such as mild eczema, acne, vitiligo, chronic cutaneous ulcers, and mild psoriasis
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- 2 or more years of experience preferred
- Dermatology background and/or training preferred
- Academic Medical Center experience preferred
- Graduate from an accredited NP
- Must hold or obtain a Colorado Medical License
- DEA Certificate is a requirement
- Obtain medical staff privileges with the University of Colorado Hospital
- Broad scope skills applicable to Dermatology with the ability to work independently as applicable to professional license
- Must be able to work within a large group i.e. physicians, residents and other mid-level providers
Salary and Benefits:
Salary is commensurate with skills and experience. The University of Colorado offers a full benefits package. Information on University benefits programs, including eligibility, is located at Employee Services.
The University of Colorado Denver is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees.
The University of Colorado strongly supports the principle of diversity. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.
The Immigration Reform and Control Act requires that verification of employment eligibility be documented for all new employees by the end of the third day of work. Alternative formats of this ad are available upon request for persons with disabilities.
Special Instructions to Applicants:APPLICATION DEADLINE: Applications will be accepted until the position is filled, but full consideration will be given to complete applications received by January 31, 2017. Those who do not apply byJanuary 31, 2017 may or may not be considered. Questions should be directed to Bobbi House at email@example.com.
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV, List of References
Application Materials Instructions:
Applications are accepted electronically at CU Careers, refer to requisition ID: 07874
When applying, applicants must include:
- A letter of application which specifically addresses the job requirements and outlines qualifications
- A current Resume/CV
- The names, addresses, daytime telephone numbers and e-mail addresses for three professional references, either attached to your resume/CV or uploaded as a separate document
Please do not submit any of your application material (via email) to the job posting contact.
Job Category: Faculty
Primary Location: Aurora
Department: H0001 -- Anschutz Medical Campus - 20143 - SOM-Dermatology
Posting Date: Dec 21, 2016
Closing Date: Ongoing
Posting Contact Name: Bobbi House
Posting Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Position Number: 00684977