Bilingual Professional Research Assistant
University of Colorado Denver Anschutz Medical Campus
Part-time BILINGUAL Professional Research Assistant
Department of Pediatrics - Section of Nutrition
Position #731258- Requisition #08219
The University of Colorado Denver Anschutz Medical Campus is a public research university serving more than 18,000 students. We award nearly 4,000 degrees each year, including more graduate and professional degrees than any other Colorado institution. With our solid academic reputation, award-winning faculty and renowned researchers, we offer more than 140 highly rated degree programs through 13 schools and colleges. The university receives over $400 million in research awards each year. In addition to the wide array of health-related programs and facilities offered at CU Anschutz in Aurora, Colo. a significant number of undergraduate and graduate degree programs are taught at CU Denver, our comprehensive campus in the heart of downtown Denver-one of America's most vibrant urban centers. CU Denver is located steps from the Denver Center for Performing Arts and the LoDo District affording our students, faculty and staff access to a broad array of academic, professional, community, recreational and cultural outlets.
The University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus ranks among the top institutions nationally in clinical care, education and research. Its 230-acre campus, designed to enhance collaboration and interprofessional education, hosts the College of Nursing; the Schools of Dental Medicine, Medicine, Pharmacy, and Public Health; the Graduate School; a Health Sciences Library; and two hospitals. Strategically located contiguous to the campus are a biosciences research park and the soon-to-be-completed Veterans Hospital. CU Anschutz offers two undergraduate degrees, 35 graduate degrees, and five first-professional programs. More than 4,000 students learn alongside faculty members who also make meaningful medical discoveries and provide expert clinical care through 1.5 million patient-visits annually. A hub for research and innovation, CU Anschutz receives over $400 million in research awards each year and has filed 1,300 patent applications and formed 53 new companies since 2002.
A national leader in health care and life sciences, CU Anschutz is the only comprehensive academic health sciences center in Colorado and the largest in the Rocky Mountain region. Located in Aurora, Colo., it is one of the newest education, research and patient care facilities in the world. With six schools and colleges, CU Anschutz trains the health sciences workforce of the future by blending education, research and clinical care all in one place. This strategic collaboration among diverse health care fields allows knowledge to travel directly from the research bench to the patient's bedside. Read CU Anschutz Quick Facts here.
The University of Colorado Denver Anschutz Medical Campus is committed to recruiting and supporting a diverse student body, faculty and administrative staff. The university strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect, communication and understanding.
The University of Colorado Denver Anschutz Medical Campus is seeking applications for a Part-time Bilingual Professional Research Assistant. This part-time Professional Research Assistant position is responsible for: coordinating the delivery of an ongoing community-based obesity intervention for children and families and the conduct of surveys of parents of preschoolers undergoing assessment for obesity risk factors at primary care clinics.
Examples of Work Performed:
- Recruit, enroll, consent, survey, and follow up with participants.
- Prepare materials for class, administer surveys.
- Utilize established operations manual and assist staff to lead the coordination of program sites.
- Lead and support on-site team in delivering family weight management program.
- Coordinate building reservations, staff, and volunteers for obesity intervention courses.
- Enter data into research database.
- Assist in training, evaluation, feedback to new health educators
- Assist in training, evaluation, feedback to Clinic Care Coordinators
- Assist in submitting IRB documentation, continuing reviews, amendments
- Review clinic schedules and contact potential research participants
PLEASE NOTE: Candidates will be responsible for travel expenses related to the interview process and any relocation expenses, if applicable.
- Bachelor's degree in Nutrition, Psychology, Public Health, Healthcare Management or a related degree.
- Written and verbal fluency in Spanish and English.
- Proficient computer skills, including Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Experience coordinating community programs
- Experience coordinating research programs
- Experience with health education
- Knowledge of RedCap secure research database
Condition of Employment:
- Must successfully pass a drug test through Children's Hospital Colorado
- Must be willing and able to pass a national criminal background check
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Must be team-oriented, flexible, reliable;
- Possess excellent written and oral communication skills
Salary and Benefits:
Salary is $17,000-$20,000 (for a .50FTE position) and is negotiable and commensurate with skills and experience. The University of Colorado offers a full benefits package. Information on University benefits programs, including eligibility, is located at Employee Services.
The University of Colorado Denver is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees.
The University of Colorado strongly supports the principle of diversity. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.
The Immigration Reform and Control Act requires that verification of employment eligibility be documented for all new employees by the end of the third day of work. Alternative formats of this ad are available upon request for persons with disabilities.
Special Instructions to Applicants:Applications will be accepted until the position is filled, but full consideration will be given to complete applications received by February 20, 2017. Those who do not apply by February 20, 2017 may or may not be considered. Questions should be directed to Matthew Haemer - firstname.lastname@example.org
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV, List of References
Application Materials Instructions:
Applications are accepted electronically at CU Careers, refer to requisition ID: 8219
When applying, applicants must include:
- A letter of application which specifically addresses the job requirements and outlines qualifications
- A current Resume/CV
- The names, addresses, daytime telephone numbers and e-mail addresses for three professional references, either attached to your resume/CV or uploaded as a separate document
Please do not submit any of your application material (via email) to the job posting contact.
Job Category: Faculty
Primary Location: Aurora
Department: H0001 -- Anschutz Medical Campus - 20876 - SOM-PEDS Nutrition-SalSvr
Posting Date: Feb 2, 2017
Closing Date: Ongoing
Posting Contact Name: Matthew Haemer
Posting Contact Email: email@example.com
Position Number: 00731258