University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus
Skaggs School of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences
Assistant, Associate, Full Professor (Tenure-Track)
The Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences in the University of Colorado Skaggs School of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences (SSPPS) is seeking applicants for a tenure-track position at the level of assistant, associate or full professor with interests in immune mechanisms underlying disease or therapy. Candidates will be expected to develop and maintain an internationally competitive, extramurally funded research program and contribute to teaching at both the Pharm.D. and Ph.D. levels in SSPPS. Faculty rank and salary will be dependent upon qualifications and experience.
The Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences is a research intensive and collaborative environment focusing research efforts in the areas of biophysics, pharmaceutical biotechnology, molecular toxicology, and cancer pharmacology. Current areas of research emphasis in the department can be found at:
- Applicants should have a Ph.D. in immunology, biochemistry, chemistry or a related discipline and an established record of excellence.
- Successful candidates will have experience in both immunological and systems approaches to elucidation of mechanisms underlying disease or the design of novel therapeutic approaches.
- Specific interests include immune mechanisms underlying diabetes, mechanisms of autoimmune diseases and immune based therapies for the treatment of cancer including immune checkpoint inhibitors.
- Successful individuals will complement existing research efforts in systems approaches to elucidation of disease mechanisms, microbiome, cancer therapy, toxicology and drug discovery.
Salary and Benefits:
Salary is commensurate with skills and experience. The University of Colorado offers a full benefits package. Information on University benefits programs, including eligibility, is located at Employee Services.
The University of Colorado Denver is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees.
The University of Colorado strongly supports the principle of diversity. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.
The Immigration Reform and Control Act requires that verification of employment eligibility be documented for all new employees by the end of the third day of work. Alternative formats of this ad are available upon request for persons with disabilities.
Special Instructions to Applicants:Any questions regarding the application process can be directed to Jay Rodenburg, Director of Personnel at email@example.com or at 303/724-2648. Applicant screening will begin on two weeks from the posting date and will continue until the position is filled.
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV, List of References, Additional Attachments - Refer to Application Materials Instructions Below
Application Materials Instructions:
Applications are accepted electronically at CU Careers, refer to requisition ID: 06861
When applying, applicants must include:
- A letter of application which specifically addresses the job requirements and outlines qualifications
- A current Resume/CV
- The names, addresses, daytime telephone numbers and e-mail addresses for three professional references, either attached to your resume/CV or uploaded as a separate document
- Brief research plan
Please do not submit any of your application material (via email) to the job posting contact.
Job Category: Faculty
Primary Location: Aurora
Department: H0001 -- Anschutz Medical Campus - 20518 - SOP-Administration
Posting Date: Sep 20, 2016
Closing Date: Ongoing
Posting Contact Name: Jay Rodenburg
Posting Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Position Number: 00728767