OnCore Application Coordinator
* Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/cu-careers *
University of Colorado Denver l Anschutz Medical Campus
School of Medicine - University of Colorado Cancer Center
OnCore Application Coordinator
Position # 00706956- Requisition 07133
The University of Colorado Denver Anschutz Medical Campus is a public research university serving more than 18,000 students. We award nearly 4,000 degrees each year, including more graduate and professional degrees than any other Colorado institution. With our solid academic reputation, award-winning faculty and renowned researchers, we offer more than 140 highly rated degree programs through 13 schools and colleges. The university receives over $400 million in research awards each year. In addition to the wide array of health-related programs and facilities offered at CU Anschutz in Aurora, Colo. a significant number of undergraduate and graduate degree programs are taught at CU Denver, our comprehensive campus in the heart of downtown Denver-one of America's most vibrant urban centers. CU Denver is located steps from the Denver Center for Performing Arts and the LoDo District affording our students, faculty and staff access to a broad array of academic, professional, community, recreational and cultural outlets.
A national leader in health care and life sciences, CU Anschutz is the only comprehensive academic health sciences center in Colorado and the largest in the Rocky Mountain region. Located in Aurora, Colo., it is one of the newest education, research and patient care facilities in the world. With six schools and colleges, CU Anschutz trains the health sciences workforce of the future by blending education, research and clinical care all in one place. This strategic collaboration among diverse health care fields allows knowledge to travel directly from the research bench to the patient's bedside. Read CU Anschutz Quick Facts here.
The University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus ranks among the top institutions nationally in clinical care, education and research. Its 230-acre campus, designed to enhance collaboration and interprofessional education, hosts the College of Nursing; the Schools of Dental Medicine, Medicine, Pharmacy, and Public Health; the Graduate School; a Health Sciences Library; and two hospitals. Strategically located contiguous to the campus are a biosciences research park and the soon-to-be-completed Veterans Hospital. CU Anschutz offers two undergraduate degrees, 35 graduate degrees, and five first-professional programs. More than 4,000 students learn alongside faculty members who also make meaningful medical discoveries and provide expert clinical care through 1.5 million patient-visits annually. A hub for research and innovation, CU Anschutz receives over $400 million in research awards each year and has filed 1,300 patent applications and formed 53 new companies since 2002.
The University of Colorado Denver l Anschutz Medical Campus is seeking applications for an OnCore Application Coordinator. This full-time, University Staff (non-classified) position will serve s a key member of the application support team in the University of Colorado Cancer Center. This position encompasses a wide variety of duties and responsibilities. This individual works extensively with professionals in all areas of the University, and UCD affiliates, to assist with the ongoing support of the Clinical Trial Management System (CTMS).
The OnCore Application Coordinator will be the primary individual for user support and application administration and will assist in the testing of software patches and enhancements as well as assist the Project Director in the preparation and delivery of appropriate training and documentation to the OnCore user base.
The Application Coordinator works directly with project managers, software developers, vendors, users, system administrators, and other IT specialists to coordinate all application-impacting activities in an effort to ensure the highest level of productivity and satisfaction among the users of the University's Clinical Trials Management System (CTMS) OnCore. This individual is also required to analyze the associated business processes and workflows to ensure that OnCore is effectively integrated into the broader user/research/clinical environment, train users and other Specialists in the use/administration of OnCore, and act as primary OnCore resource to leadership when necessary.
Examples of Work Performed
This position requires independent action, and the use of discretion and creativity within the limits of institutional, state, and federal regulations to facilitate the research mission of the University of Colorado.
- Provide application user support to research and administrative staff, faculty, and participating satellite study sites by assisting users/teams on usage of OnCore, troubleshooting issues and escalating appropriately, etc. Provide application administration such as establishing user accounts and permissions, updating and modifying configuration data elements to support new projects, groups, or departments.
- Become a certified OnCore Trainer and assist with development of OnCore user-oriented training programs, materials, and documentation.
- Consult with OnCore users and administrative staff and faculty on design and functionality enhancements to ensure quality management and continuous process improvement. Attend enhancement meetings and provide feedback to the organization. Recommend improvements to application based on institutional goals and objectives. Prepare/assist with the creation of study protocol calendars and/or electronic case report forms, review new functionality, coordinate/facilitate OnCore updates and testing of these updates, identify and document OnCore customized reporting needs.
- Act as a "translator" between technical staff (Database Administrators, software developers, system administrators, etc.) and end users when necessary
- Collaborate with project manager and director in the identification, development, and maintenance, of all applicable policies, and Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
Please Note: Candidates will be responsible for travel expenses related to the interview process and any relocation expenses, if applicable.
Salary and Benefits
The hiring salary for this position begins at $57,083 and is negotiable and commensurate with skills and experience. This position is not eligible for overtime compensation.
The University of Colorado offers a full benefits package. Information on University benefits programs, including eligibility, is located at https://www.cu.edu/es.
The University of Colorado Denver Anschutz Medical Campus is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees.
The University of Colorado Denver Anschutz Medical Campus is committed to recruiting and supporting a diverse student body, faculty and administrative staff. The university strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect, communication and understanding. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.
Education: Graduation from an accredited college or university with a bachelor's degree in IT or Health Administration, Sciences, Social Sciences, or related field.
SUBSTITUTION: Work experience in a clinical research, IT or other field related to the position can substitute for education on a year-for-year basis. An additional two years of professional experience as described below would still be required on top of this four year substitution. (i.e. a total of 6 years).
Minimum Experience: At least two (2) years of full-time professional experience in a clinical research setting at a medical center.
- Prior experience with OnCore strongly preferred. Experience with other CTMS or data capture systems in support of clinical research is a plus.
- Experience with the use of computers and web-based applications in a security-conscious environment.
- Familiarity with terminology and processes associated with all phases of clinical research.
- Experience working in an application support role with a strong troubleshooting background.
- Experience translating clinical research concepts and researcher needs to technical personnel and vice versa.
- Experience analyzing business operations or workflows, finding efficiencies, and implementing improvements.
- Background in technical training, including development of training plans and materials.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Windows and Office.
- Familiarity with the concepts of relational databases, normalization, and how databases are used by applications.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Diplomatic disposition and customer service orientation with excellent written and verbal communication skills in the English language.
- Detail-oriented self-starter with outstanding interpersonal skills, and a reputation for establishing and maintaining good customer and end-user relations.
- Comfortable asking questions, working with minimal supervision, and collaborating with coworkers in a team environment on complex projects.
- Quick and agile learner, able to adapt to changes in technology and its intended use.
- Able to coordinate and prioritize several simultaneous tasks with potentially conflicting priorities.
- Able to synthesize complex clinical trial information in order to facilitate decision making.
Special Instructions to Applicants:*Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/cu-careers. Please do not e-mail materials to job posting contact. * REQUIRED APPLICATION MATERIALS: 1). A cover letter which specifically addresses the job requirements and outlines qualifications 2). A current resume/CV 3). List of 5 professional references. Questions should be directed to Meg.Rebull@ucdenver.edu
Reference checks are a standard step in our hiring process. You will be asked to provide contact information, including e-mail addresses, for up to 5 references if you are referred to the Hiring Authority for an interview. We will notify you prior to contacting both on and off-list references
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV, List of References
Application Materials Instructions:APPLICATION DEADLINE: Review of applications will begin immediately. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled, but full consideration will be given to complete applications received by October 16, 2016. Those who do not apply by that date may or may not be considered.
Job Category: Information Technology
Primary Location: Aurora
Department: H0001 -- Anschutz Medical Campus - 20066 - SOM-U of Colo Cancer Center
Posting Date: Oct 10, 2016
Closing Date: Ongoing
Posting Contact Name: Meg Rebull
Posting Contact Email: Meg.Rebull@ucdenver.edu
Position Number: 00706956