Trauma and Acute Care Surgeon
University of Colorado - School of Medicine
The University of Colorado Denver is seeking a surgeon at the Assistant Professor level in the section of Trauma-Acute Care Surgery and Surgical Critical Care with board certification in General Surgery by the American Board of Surgery or equivalent certification to join an established and growing program. We are the premier research university in Colorado, serving more than 30,000 undergraduate, graduate and health professions students in Denver, Aurora and online and awarding nearly 4,000 degrees each year. The renowned researchers and award-winning faculty offer more than 100 degree programs through 13 colleges and schools. In 2008 the University was awarded more than $371 million in research grants and contracts. The Anschutz Medical Campus includes over 5 million square feet of research, educational and clinical space on 227 acres. The Denver Campus is located in one of America's most vibrant urban centers, just steps from the Denver Center for Performing Arts, the LoDo District and the state capitol. On both campuses, students, staff and faculty have access to a broad array of academic, professional, community, recreational and cultural opportunities. The university has proudly positioned itself as one of the top urban research universities in the country.
This position is responsible for staffing and call coverage for the trauma-acute care surgery service and the surgery-trauma intensive care services, participation in medical student, resident, and fellow education, and scholarly activity commensurate with qualifications. Preference will be given to applicants with prior research training. Responsibilities include compliance with and promotion of high quality service in order to meet or exceed standards for appropriate accreditation and verification of these programs by regulatory, accreditation, or verification agencies.
- Applicants must have a current medical degree with board certification in general surgery by the American Board of Surgery.
- Added Qualification in Surgical Critical Care after completion of a formal fellowship program in trauma and critical care is strongly preferred.
- The ideal candidate would be comfortable with all aspects of general surgery including trauma and acute care surgery.
- Preference will be given to applicants that have completed two years of a formal trauma and critical care surgical fellowship and demonstrated experience in surgical education, research, and patient care.
Salary and Benefits:
Salary is commensurate with skills and experience. The University of Colorado offers a full benefits package. Information on University benefits programs, including eligibility, is located at Employee Services.
The University of Colorado Denver is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees.
The University of Colorado strongly supports the principle of diversity. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.
The Immigration Reform and Control Act requires that verification of employment eligibility be documented for all new employees by the end of the third day of work. Alternative formats of this ad are available upon request for persons with disabilities.
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV, List of References, Reference Letters (Not Confidential)
Application Materials Instructions:
Applications are accepted electronically at CU Careers, refer to requisition ID: 06746
When applying, applicants must include:
- A letter of application which specifically addresses the job requirements and outlines qualifications
- A current Resume/CV
- The names, addresses, daytime telephone numbers and e-mail addresses for three professional references, either attached to your resume/CV or uploaded as a separate document
- Reference letters (not confidential)
Please do not submit any of your application material (via email) to the job posting contact.
Job Category: Faculty
Primary Location: Aurora
Department: H0001 -- Anschutz Medical Campus - 20318 - SOM-SRG-GI Clinical
Posting Date: Sep 8, 2016
Closing Date: Ongoing
Posting Contact Name: Laura Montoya
Posting Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Position Number: 00728462