University of Colorado - School of Medicine
The Department of Psychiatry at the University of Colorado School of Medicine, The Division of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry, and Children's Hospital Colorado invites applications for the position of Child and Adolescent Psychiatrist. The Section of Pediatric Behavioral Health is a vital and growing research, teaching, and clinical section in the Department of Psychiatry at the University of Colorado School of Medicine. This section has recently completed an ambitious strategic plan which includes recruitment of more than 10 faculty positions over the course of the next year. Based at the Anschutz Medical and Research Campus, the Section of Pediatric Psychiatry benefits from affiliation with world class interdisciplinary professional education, research programs and clinical services.
Job Responsibilities: The Child and Adolescent Psychiatrist must demonstrate clinical experience and excellence with children and adolescents and the ability to manage different levels of acuity, including psychiatric patients in in inpatient and partial hospitalizations settings, on the medical floors in consultation and liaison service, in outpatient clinic, day treatment, and in the Emergency Department. Applicants must demonstrate the ability to apply and implement evidence based approaches to care. A history of teaching and mentoring residents, medical students and working with milieu staff is also desired. Scholarly activities are encouraged and supported.
- Applicants must possess a Colorado Medical License, DEA Certificate, Board Certified in Psychiatry, Board eligible in Child Psychiatry.
- Must obtain Medical staff privileges within Children's Hospital Colorado.
- Must have prior experience in a Child Psychiatric setting, having completed a child/adolescent residency, academic/residency program related experience highly desirable.
- Must be board certified within 3 years.
- Clinical experience in Child and Adolescent Psychiatry preferred.
- Leadership and teaching experience valued.
Salary and Benefits:
Salary is commensurate with skills and experience. The University of Colorado offers a full benefits package. Information on University benefits programs, including eligibility, is located at Employee Services.
The University of Colorado Denver is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees.
The University of Colorado strongly supports the principle of diversity. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.
The Immigration Reform and Control Act requires that verification of employment eligibility be documented for all new employees by the end of the third day of work. Alternative formats of this ad are available upon request for persons with disabilities.
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV, List of References
Application Materials Instructions:
Applications are accepted electronically at CU Careers, refer to requisition ID: 02789
When applying, applicants must include:
- A letter of application which specifically addresses the job requirements and outlines qualifications
- A current Resume/CV
- The names, addresses, daytime telephone numbers and e-mail addresses for three professional references, either attached to your resume/CV or uploaded as a separate document
Please do not submit any of your application material (via email) to the job posting contact. Questions should be directed to Melissa Sinclair Melissa.Sinclair@ucdenver.edu
Job Category: Faculty
Primary Location: Aurora
Department: H0001 -- Anschutz Medical Campus - 20281 - SOM-PSYCH-Child SP/G
Posting Date: Jan 26, 2017
Closing Date: Ongoing
Posting Contact Name: Melissa Sinclair
Posting Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Position Number: 00693303