Assistant Residential Treatment Counselor
*Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/cu-careers.*
University of Colorado Denver l Anschutz Medical Campus
Addiction Research and Treatment Services (ARTS) / The Haven Mother's House
Assistant Residential Treatment Counselor
Position #00662718 - Requisition 05819
The Haven Mother's House is a residential therapeutic community substance abuse treatment facility for pregnant women and/or women with infants, in Denver. This position exists to act as a line staff and to observe, monitor, intervene in and record client behavior and activity; to ensure compliance with program structure; assist in the co-facilitation of groups or may assist counselors when counseling staff are out if they are a CAC II or higher; ensure safety of staff and clients; perform all necessary paperwork and record keeping per agency, OBH, Signal, Department of Criminal Justice, and all other regulatory agencies that oversee the facility; and perform filing into paper charts; scan documents into the electronic records, and assist in monitoring/completing various standards to assure compliance with the Department of Criminal Justice.
This position is primarily a midnight to 8 am shift.
This full-time University Staff (non-classified) position will observe, monitor, and intervene in drug/alcohol treatment through addressing client behaviors in the milieu; assure compliance with program structure; filing and auditing of charts, facilitate clients' progress through treatment; assist counselors with case management functions; assure safety of staff and clients; design consequences for negative behaviors, instruct clients in the TC tools; support; monitor and document urine screens and BA screens; monitor and document medication for clients; perform routine inspections of residential premises both inside and out, including client room and bed checks; perform contraband searches, fire drills and safety inspections; identify and respond to crisis and notify immediate supervisor/work leader of any unusual circumstances such as suicidal client, unauthorized client absence, and violation of program rules; transport clients off site to as needed, attend staff meetings and individual and/or group supervision, and trainings; and perform other duties as assigned or required.
PLEASE NOTE: Candidates will be responsible for travel expenses related to the interview process and any relocation expenses, if applicable.
Salary and Benefits:
The hiring salary for this position is $25,104 and is negotiable and commensurate with skills and experience. This position is eligible for overtime compensation.
The University of Colorado offers a full benefits package. Information on University benefits programs, including eligibility, is located at https://www.cu.edu/employee-services
The University of Colorado Denver Anschutz Medical Campus is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees.
The University of Colorado Denver Anschutz Medical Campus is committed to recruiting and supporting a diverse student body, faculty and administrative staff. The university strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect, communication and understanding. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.
* HS Diploma or GED
* One year of experience working in a substance abuse treatment environment
Conditions of Employment:
* Must possess and maintain a valid State of Colorado Driver's License or be able to obtain one within 30 days of hire
* Must agree to fingerprinting and criminal background check. Required background checks include a review with the Colorado Bureau of Investigation (CBI) AND the Central Registry of Child Protection (Trails).
* Subject to pre-employment, post-accident or incident or reasonable suspicion drug and alcohol testing per UCD Addiction Research and Treatment Services Department Policies.
* In accordance with the Prison Rape Elimination Act (PREA), ARTS cannot employ individuals who may have contact with residents who have (1) engaged in sexual abuse in a prison, jail, lockup, community confinement facility, juvenile facility, or other Institution (as defined in 42 U.S. C. § 1997); (2) been convicted of engaging or attempting to engage in sexual activity in the community facilitated by force, overt or implied threats of force, or coercion, or if the victim did not consent or was unable to consent or refuse; or (3) been civilly or administratively adjudicated to have engaged in the activity described in (1-3) of this section. Material omissions regarding such misconduct, or the provision of materially false information, shall be grounds for termination
*Ability to multi-task
*Attention to details
*Ability to develop health relationships/boundaries with clients
*Strong interpersonal skills
*Strong communication skills
*Excellent organizational skills
*Ability to manage difficult behaviors
*Strong computer skills and ability to learn new programs
*Ability to comply with established rules, policies, and procedures
* One year or more of experience working in a substance abuse treatment environment with a focus on women's issues (i.e. trauma; domestic violence; mental health treatment; parenting and child development; barriers women experience in treatment such as childcare, employment, finding a job that pays enough to support their family; etc.)
* Experience working with offender population
* Experience documenting behaviors according to established policies and procedures
* Certified Addiction Counselor Level II certification
Special Instructions to Applicants:*Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/cu-careers.* REQUIRED APPLICATION MATERIALS: 1). A letter of application which specifically addresses the job requirements and outlines qualifications. 2) A current resume/CV. 3) List of 3 professional references. Questions should be directed to Sharon Hawkins at Sharon.Hawkins@ucdenver.edu
Reference checks are a standard step in our hiring process. You may be asked to provide contact information, including e-mail addresses, for up to 5 references if you are referred to the Hiring Authority for an interview. We will notify you prior to contacting both on and off-list references.
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV, List of References
Application Materials Instructions:Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled.
Job Category: Health Care
Primary Location: Denver
Department: H0001 -- Anschutz Medical Campus - 20280 - SOM-PSYCH-ARTS SP/G
Posting Date: Jul 7, 2016
Closing Date: Ongoing
Posting Contact Name: Sharon Hawkins
Posting Contact Email: email@example.com
Position Number: 00662718