University of Colorado - School of Medicine
Nature of Work:
The Department of Pediatrics, Section of Nutrition is seeking a temporary 6-month (0.75 FTE) Professional Research Assistant who will assist in coordinating the delivery of an ongoing community-based obesity intervention for children and families and the conduct of surveys of parents of preschoolers undergoing assessment for obesity risk factors at primary care clinics.
The Department of Pediatrics, Section of Nutrition is currently conducting a family-based obesity intervention in North Denver Metro area. This program utilizes primary-care-based screening and referral to a multidisciplinary curriculum to address changes in diet, physical activity, parenting skills with families. Since the classes often occur outside normal business hours to accommodate participants' schedules, the PRA will be required to work evening hours, typically two evenings per week. The PRA will also participate in recruitment for a survey study of patient interaction with primary care providers. The recruitment will take place at two clinics in the Aurora and north Denver area. This is a temporary 6-month position, funded through July 2017.
The PRA will work at the University and in the field on this project under the supervision of the PIs. PRA will receive hands-on training to deliver intervention.
Examples of Work Performed:
The PRA will:
- Recruit, enroll, consent, survey, and follow up with participants.
- Prepare materials for class, administer surveys.
- Utilize established operations manual and assist staff to lead the coordination of program sites.
- Lead and support on-site team in delivering family weight management program.
- Coordinate building reservations, staff, and volunteers for obesity intervention courses.
- Enter data into research database.
- Assist in training, evaluation, feedback to new health educators
- Assist in training, evaluation, feedback to Clinic Care Coordinators
- Assist in submitting IRB documentation, continuing reviews, amendments
- Review clinic schedules and contact potential research participants
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Must be team-oriented, flexible, reliable;
- Possess excellent written and oral communication skills
- Bachelor's degree in Nutrition, Psychology, Public Health, Healthcare Management or a related degree.
- Written and verbal fluency in Spanish and English.
- Proficient computer skills, including Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Experience coordinating community programs
- Experience coordinating research programs
- Experience with health education
- Knowledge of RedCap secure research database
Condition of Employment:
- Must successfully pass a drug test through Children's Hospital Colorado
- Must be willing and able to pass a national criminal background check
Salary and Benefits:
Salary is commensurate with skills and experience. The University of Colorado offers a full benefits package. Information on University benefits programs, including eligibility, is located at Employee Services.
The University of Colorado Denver is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees.
The University of Colorado strongly supports the principle of diversity. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.
The Immigration Reform and Control Act requires that verification of employment eligibility be documented for all new employees by the end of the third day of work. Alternative formats of this ad are available upon request for persons with disabilities.
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV, List of References
Application Materials Instructions:
Applications are accepted electronically at CU Careers, refer to requisition ID: 08250
When applying, applicants must include:
- A letter of application which specifically addresses the job requirements and outlines qualifications
- A current Resume/CV
- The names, addresses, daytime telephone numbers and e-mail addresses for three professional references, either attached to your resume/CV or uploaded as a separate document
Please do not submit any of your application material (via email) to the job posting contact.
Job Category: Professional Support Services
Primary Location: Aurora
Department: H0001 -- Anschutz Medical Campus - 20876 - SOM-PEDS Nutrition-SalSvr
Posting Date: Jan 26, 2017
Closing Date: Ongoing
Posting Contact Name: Richard Boles
Posting Contact Email: email@example.com
Position Number: 00716304