RN - Health Care Program Manager
*Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/cu-careers .*
University of Colorado Denver l Anschutz Medical Campus
School of Medicine/Department of Medicine/General Internal Medicine
RN - Health Care Program Manager
Position #729521 - Requisition #07202
The University of Colorado Denver Anschutz Medical Campus is a public research university serving more than 18,000 students. We award nearly 4,000 degrees each year, including more graduate and professional degrees than any other Colorado institution. With our solid academic reputation, award-winning faculty and renowned researchers, we offer more than 140 highly rated degree programs through 13 schools and colleges. The university receives over $400 million in research awards each year. In addition to the wide array of health-related programs and facilities offered at CU Anschutz in Aurora, Colo. a significant number of undergraduate and graduate degree programs are taught at CU Denver, our comprehensive campus in the heart of downtown Denver-one of America's most vibrant urban centers. CU Denver is located steps from the Denver Center for Performing Arts and the LoDo District affording our students, faculty and staff access to a broad array of academic, professional, community, recreational and cultural outlets.
A national leader in health care and life sciences, CU Anschutz is the only comprehensive academic health sciences center in Colorado and the largest in the Rocky Mountain region. Located in Aurora, Colo., it is one of the newest education, research and patient care facilities in the world. With six schools and colleges, CU Anschutz trains the health sciences workforce of the future by blending education, research and clinical care all in one place. This strategic collaboration among diverse health care fields allows knowledge to travel directly from the research bench to the patient's bedside. Read CU Anschutz Quick Facts here.
The University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus ranks among the top institutions nationally in clinical care, education and research. Its 230-acre campus, designed to enhance collaboration and interprofessional education, hosts the College of Nursing; the Schools of Dental Medicine, Medicine, Pharmacy, and Public Health; the Graduate School; a Health Sciences Library; and two hospitals. Strategically located contiguous to the campus are a biosciences research park and the soon-to-be-completed Veterans Hospital. CU Anschutz offers two undergraduate degrees, 35 graduate degrees, and five first-professional programs. More than 4,000 students learn alongside faculty members who also make meaningful medical discoveries and provide expert clinical care through 1.5 million patient-visits annually. A hub for research and innovation, CU Anschutz receives over $400 million in research awards each year and has filed 1,300 patent applications and formed 53 new companies since 2002.
The Health Care Program Manager will assume organizational development responsibility and a leadership role within context of a large employer health plan. This full-time, University Staff (non-classified) position will be intimately involved with progressive innovation and management of population health and utilization management activities applicable to the entire enterprise.
Examples of Work Performed
- Establishing and maintaining medical management best practice
- Working with Medical Director and other departmental leaders to establish and evaluate program goals
- Management of NCQA delegation audits when required
- Monitors inpatient hospital length of stay and direct discharge care if needed for members admitted to both in and out of network facilities
- Develop best practice for case management and care coordination to improve quality and cost containment
- Collaborate with Office of Value Based Performance on population health innovation and directed patient centered outreach.
The hiring salary for this position is negotiable and commensurate with skills and experience. This position is not eligible for overtime compensation.
The University of Colorado offers a full benefits package. Information on University benefits programs, including eligibility, is located at https://www.cu.edu/employee-services.
The University of Colorado Denver Anschutz Medical Campus is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees.
The University of Colorado Denver Anschutz Medical Campus is committed to recruiting and supporting a diverse student body, faculty and administrative staff. The university strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect, communication and understanding. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.
- Bachelor's degree in Nursing.
- Substitution: An RN Certification with two (2) years of experience working as an RN, may substitute for the Bachelor's degree on a year-for-year basis.
- Two (2) years of professional experience working in Case Management, Patient Centered Medical Homes, Population Health, Health Care Navigator, and/or Medical Management. RN-BSN (Licensed Registered Nurse in State of Colorado)
- Five (5) plus years relevant experience in domains such as Case Management, Patient Centered Medical Home, Population Health, Health Care Navigator, and/or Medical Management.
- Master's Degree
- Organizational development experience
- Experience with data reporting and analytics necessary for evaluating program effectiveness and improvement opportunity
- Understanding of compliance mandates related to utilization management determinations
- Ability to inform and support executive leadership
Special Instructions to Applicants:*Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/cu-careers. * REQUIRED APPLICATION MATERIALS: 1). A letter of application which specifically addresses the job requirements and outlines qualifications. 2) A current resume/CV. 3) List of 3 professional references. Questions should be directed to Aaron VanArtsen at firstname.lastname@example.org .
Reference checks are a standard step in our hiring process. You may be asked to provide contact information, including e-mail addresses, for up to 3 references if you are referred to the Hiring Authority for an interview. We will notify you prior to contacting both on and off-list references.
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV, List of References
Application Materials Instructions:APPLICATION DEADLINE: Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled.
Job Category: Health Care
Primary Location: Aurora
Department: H0001 -- Anschutz Medical Campus - 20209 - SOM-MED-GIM
Posting Date: Oct 26, 2016
Closing Date: Ongoing
Posting Contact Name: Aaron VanArtsen
Posting Contact Email: email@example.com
Position Number: 00729521