Alternate Funding Temporary
University of Colorado - College of Liberal Arts and Sciences
Temporary Administrative Assistant
This temporary, hourly paid position will work with the Health Professions Program Director and the Undergraduate Pipeline Coordinator for Health Professions Programs at the CU Denver downtown campus. This position is primarily responsible for administrative and HR support for the Health Professions Program office. This position is part time and will work between 18 and 20 hours a week.
Examples of Work Performed:
- Attend HR forums and trainings to obtain up-to-date information on change that affect HR and payroll.
- Hire student employees to assist with Health Professions program duties.
- Collect and route all hiring paperwork to enter Health Professions student employees into the HRMS system.
- Oversee all payroll administration for Health Professions student employees including accurate biweekly time collection and reporting in HRMS, file maintenance, one-time payments, hand drawn warrants and other forms of off cycle payroll activities.
- Collect and disseminate personnel, payroll, and benefits information for Health Professions student employees.
- Enter data and maintain employee records in HRMS system.
- Investigate and resolve questions or problems associated with HR and payroll issues.
- Interpret and adhere to all university payroll deadlines and personnel guidelines.
- Serve as a liaison to Facilities Management, Human Resources, Payroll and IT when professional assistance is needed for Health Professions department.
- Assist with email accounts associated with Health Professions.
- Assist with managing online resources (webpage, Facebook, etc.)
- Assist with purchasing and payment processing through our eProcurement system, CU Marketplace.
- Assist with general clerical support which includes scheduling meetings, responding to "customers" in person, over the phone and via email, maintaining manual and electronic filing systems, processing travel arrangements and reimbursement, and assisting with special projects of programmatic nature in direct support of the accomplishment of program objectives and protocol.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- strong intrapersonal and communication skills
- ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community
- self- motivated, proactive learner, with the ability to interact with students, faculty and or staff in a team environment
- proficiency with computer software including Microsoft Word, Outlook, and Excel
- clerical, word processing and or office skills
- records maintenance skills
- outstanding organizational and time management skills
- ability to work independently in a thorough and productive way
- excellent oral and written skills with the ability to write and conduct daily communications
- ability to organize meetings and or special events
- knowledge of finance accounting, budgeting, and cost control procedures
- ability to represent the University, the College, and the Health Professions Program internally and externally in a professional and positive manner
- High School Diploma or GED
- Two years of general clerical or administrative service experience
- Bachelor's Degree
- Knowledge of University of Colorado Denver policies and procedures
- Knowledge of University of Colorado Human Resource System and eProcurement system
Salary and Benefits:
The hiring salary for this position will be $17 an hour and will be paid on a biweekly basis. This position is temporary in nature and will not exceed a period of 9 months from date of hire. This position is not eligible for overtime.
The University of Colorado Denver is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees.
The University of Colorado strongly supports the principle of diversity. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.
The Immigration Reform and Control Act requires that verification of employment eligibility be documented for all new employees by the end of the third day of work. Alternative formats of this ad are available upon request for persons with disabilities.
Special Instructions to Applicants:Applications will be accepted until the position is filled but full consideration will be given to applications received by Friday, December 16, 2016. Questions should be directed to Trishia Vasquez at Trishia. Vasquez@ucdenver.edu. Reference checks are a standard step in our hiring process. You may be asked to provide contact information, including email addresses, for up to 5 references if you are referred to the Hiring Authority for an interview. We will notify you prior to contacting both on and off list references.
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV, List of References
Application Materials Instructions:
Applications are accepted electronically at CU Careers, refer to requisition ID:
When applying, applicants must include:
- A letter of application which specifically addresses the job requirements and outlines qualifications
- A current Resume/CV
- The names, addresses, daytime telephone numbers and e-mail addresses for three professional references, either attached to your resume/CV or uploaded as a separate document
Please do not submit any of your application material (via email) to the job posting contact.
Job Category: Professional Support Services
Primary Location: Denver
Department: D0001 -- Denver Campus - 30093 - CLAS-Biology
Posting Date: Nov 28, 2016
Closing Date: Ongoing
Posting Contact Name: Trishia Vasquez
Posting Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Position Number: 00709290