IT Support Coordinator
* Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/cu-careers *
University of Colorado Denver l Anschutz Medical Campus
School of Medicine / OBGYN
IT Support Coordinator
Position #00729731 - Requisition 07354
The University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus ranks among the top institutions nationally in clinical care, education and research. Its 230-acre campus, designed to enhance collaboration and interprofessional education, hosts the College of Nursing; the Schools of Dental Medicine, Medicine, Pharmacy, and Public Health; the Graduate School; a Health Sciences Library; and two hospitals. Strategically located contiguous to the campus are a biosciences research park and the soon-to-be-completed Veterans Hospital. CU Anschutz offers two undergraduate degrees, 35 graduate degrees, and five first-professional programs. More than 4,000 students learn alongside faculty members who also make meaningful medical discoveries and provide expert clinical care through 1.5 million patient-visits annually. A hub for research and innovation, CU Anschutz receives over $400 million in research awards each year and has filed 1,300 patent applications and formed 53 new companies since 2002.
The University of Colorado Denver l Anschutz Medical Campus is seeking applications for an IT Support Coordinator. This full-time, University Staff (non-classified) IT Support Coordinator provides software and network support, training and troubleshooting to the entire OBGYN offsite and Administrative office (over 100 users), in support of faculty and staff. This position provides support on a wide range of applications including Apple, Microsoft, and other products.
Examples of Work Performed:
• *Install, sets up, and maintain local area network (LAN) and all desktops within multiple divisions.
• *Perform a variety of maintenance, evaluation, installation, and training tasks to ensure all computer performance meets UCD / UPI / UCH / CHCO requirements as indicated for each network environment.
• *Investigate, recommend and install enhancements and operating procedures that optimize network availability.
• *Maintain confidentiality with regard to the information being processed, stored or accessed by the network
• *Administer network workstations, utilizing Microsoft technologies and Active directory.
• *Evaluate and/or recommend purchases of computers, network hardware, peripheral equipment, and software.
• *Identify utilization patterns of their effect on operation/system availability and performance expectations.
• *Anticipate communication and network problems and implement preventive measures.
• *Establish and perform maintenance programs following appropriate organizational and vendor standards.
• *Investigate user problems, identify their source, determine possible solutions, test and implement solutions.
• *Perform and/or oversee software installation and upgrades. Office suites, Adobe products, hospital-specific applications, Citrix clients, and other University academic support applications.
• *Other duties as assigned or required.
PLEASE NOTE: Candidates will be responsible for travel expenses related to the interview process and any relocation expenses, if applicable.
Salary and Benefits:
The hiring salary for this position is $48,523 and is negotiable and commensurate with skills and experience. This position is eligible for overtime compensation.
The University of Colorado offers a full benefits package. Information on University benefits programs, including eligibility, is located at https://www.cu.edu/employee-services.
The University of Colorado Denver Anschutz Medical Campus is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees.
The University of Colorado Denver Anschutz Medical Campus is committed to recruiting and supporting a diverse student body, faculty and administrative staff. The university strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect, communication and understanding. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.
A bachelor's degree in computer science, management/computer information systems, computer engineering, information technology, or a directly related field from an accredited institution and 1 year of professional level experience with installation, troubleshooting processes with both PC and MAC.
Substitution: A combination of education and related technical/paraprofessional experience may be substituted for the bachelor's degree on a year for year basis, but not for the specific 1 year of experience.
*Ability to communicate effectively, both in writing and orally.
*Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees at all levels throughout the institution.
*Outstanding customer service skills.
*Demonstrated commitment to diversity and inclusion.
*Understand the use and application of related software applications (e.g., MS Office, Adobe products, other academic applications, etc.)
• *Two plus years of professional level experience with installation, troubleshooting processes with both PC and MAC.
• *Experience with audio/video demonstration technologies
• *Experience in a University setting and individual department operations, goals and objective relating to Computer and Communications Services
• *Experience with assembling and disassembling computer components, including cabling
Special Instructions to Applicants:*Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/cu-careers * REQUIRED APPLICATION MATERIALS: 1). A letter of application which specifically addresses the job requirements and outlines qualifications. 2) A current resume/CV. 3) List of 3-5 professional references. Questions should be directed to Cathy Kenworthy at firstname.lastname@example.org
Reference checks are a standard step in our hiring process. You may be asked to provide contact information, including e-mail addresses, for up to 3-5 references if you are referred to the Hiring Authority for an interview. We will notify you prior to contacting both on and off-list references.
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV, List of References
Application Materials Instructions:Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled.
Job Category: Information Technology
Primary Location: Aurora
Department: H0001 -- Anschutz Medical Campus - 20249 - SOM-Obstetrics & Gynecology
Posting Date: Nov 1, 2016
Closing Date: Ongoing
Posting Contact Name: Cathy Kenworthy
Posting Contact Email: email@example.com
Position Number: 00729731