Professional Research Assistant
University of Colorado - School of Medicine
Professional Research Assistant
The Professional Research Assistant (PRA) will serve as Study Coordinator to perform clinical research trials focusing on vaccines in adults, including older adults and those with HIV infection at the University of Colorado Denver and the Denver VA Medical Center. They are responsible for all aspects of clinical research studies, including study subject recruitment and retention, managing subject visits (scheduling, data/specimen collection and processing including phlebotomy), timely and accurate visit documentation and maintaining precise and accurate study record keeping. The PRA will prepare and maintain applications and monitoring of human subjects research protocols and consents through COMIRB and the VA. The PRA will act as a liaison between the University of Colorado and the VA and, as such, will have a general knowledge of both VA and University policy and procedures and develop research-related clinical and administrative plans that are acceptable to both entities.
The PRA will act as a point of study contact person for subjects, investigators, administrators. They will facilitate recruitment of individuals and study sites, screen, consent and enroll study participants, collect, process, and store samples for research use with laboratory personnel. They will abstract data from patient charts and electronic medical records, prepare and submit compliance documentation for the institutional review board and hospital research support services in a timely fashion, perform data entry into research databases and excel spreadsheets and provide timely and regular summaries of enrollment and study parameters. They will assist the principal investigator in manuscript development.
- Strong interpersonal/communication skills for interface with potential subjects, physicians, and study sponsor personnel
- Excellent organizational and project management skills
- Ability to perform meticulous record keeping; detail oriented
- Computer knowledge and competency in MS Office, Word, Excel (or equivalent software) and ability to use/learn sponsor subject database software
- BA, BS or LPN or RN or Medical Assistant
- Experience with clinical studies/trials
- Customer service skills to facilitate recruitment and retention
- Flexibility to accommodate subject schedules, respond to demands of multiple studies and to meet competitive enrollment deadlines.
- Skill in interpersonal relations with a wide range of people in presenting problems, new ideas, program achievements and negotiating solutions to program problems.
- Able to troubleshoot in both MAC and PC environments.
- LPN, RN; ability to administer vaccines
Salary and Benefits:
Salary is commensurate with skills and experience. The University of Colorado offers a full benefits package. Information on University benefits programs, including eligibility, is located at Employee Services.
The University of Colorado Denver is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees.
The University of Colorado strongly supports the principle of diversity. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.
The Immigration Reform and Control Act requires that verification of employment eligibility be documented for all new employees by the end of the third day of work. Alternative formats of this ad are available upon request for persons with disabilities.
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV, List of References
Application Materials Instructions:
Applications are accepted electronically at CU Careers, refer to requisition ID: 7572
When applying, applicants must include:
- A letter of application which specifically addresses the job requirements and outlines qualifications
- A current Resume/CV
- The names, addresses, daytime telephone numbers and e-mail addresses for three professional references, either attached to your resume/CV or uploaded as a separate document
Please do not submit any of your application material (via email) to the job posting contact.
Job Category: Faculty
Primary Location: Aurora
Department: H0001 -- Anschutz Medical Campus - 20204 - SOM-MED-Infectious Disease
Posting Date: Nov 21, 2016
Closing Date: Ongoing
Posting Contact Name: Michael Durbin
Posting Contact Email: email@example.com
Position Number: 00634288