Accounting Technician II
*Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/cu-careers.*
University of Colorado Denver l Anschutz Medical Campus
Department of Surgery
Job Title: Accounting Technician II
Position #730477 - Requisition 07913
The University of Colorado Denver l Anschutz Medical Campus is seeking applications for an Accounting Technician II. This full-time, University Staff (non-classified) position provides technical accounting assistance to the programs operating in the Department of Surgery and Surgery Administration. These accounting services include posting, billing, PO and SPO management, collection management, journal entries, and reporting. This position will process travel and recruitment reimbursement for the Office of the Chair, as well as creating PO's and SPO's in CU Marketplace and COR360. This position will assist the Finance and Accounting Senior Professional with accounting transactions and will provide backup to the Finance and Accounting Senior Professional.
Examples of Work Performed:
• Processes travel, recruitment, petty cash, miscellaneous expenses and other reimbursements for the Chair of the Department of Surgery, the Director of Finance and Administration, and the Associate Director of Finance and Administration.
• Audits financial records, pinpoints errors, and resolves any discrepancies.
• Prepares new speedtype requests for the Department of Surgery (auxiliary, gift, UPI).
• Processes accounts payable and receivable.
• In collaboration with the Finance and Accounting Senior Professional, enters journal entries into PeopleSoft Finance.
• Prepares non-employee reimbursements and pay invoices from vendors; develops and manages a payment schedule/process to ensure all deadlines are met.
• Create new PO's and SPO's in Marketplace and COR360.
• Develops, pulls and processes expense reports for the Center for Surgical Innovation Lab.
• Assist Lab Coordinator with Marketplace and Concur transactions as needed.
Salary and Benefits:
The starting salary for this position is $36,444 and is negotiable and commensurate with skills and experience. This position is eligible for overtime compensation.
The University of Colorado offers a full benefits package. Information on University benefits programs, including eligibility, is located at https://www.cu.edu/employee-services.
The University of Colorado Denver Anschutz Medical Campus is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees.
The University of Colorado Denver Anschutz Medical Campus is committed to recruiting and supporting a diverse student body, faculty and administrative staff. The university strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect, communication and understanding. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.
• Two (2) years of technical accounting experience.
Two (2) years of college, university or non-correspondence business school which included eighteen (18) semester credit hours of accounting or bookkeeping can substitute for the required experience.
Competencies/Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
• Ability to communicate with a variety of individuals within an organization/higher learning institution, including faculty and staff at all levels.
• Diplomacy and tact, flexibility and the ability to maintain positive working relationships.
• Knowledge of standard accounting procedures and basic math/computing skills.
• Computer skills with a very high proficiency with spreadsheets and databases.
• Ability to communicate effectively orally and in written formats.
• Exceptional interpersonal skills with the ability to provide excellent customer service, while ensuring fiscal compliance and rules adherence.
• Ability to work independently.
• Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
• Bachelor's degree in Business, Accounting, or other related field.
• Two (2) years of accounting experience in a Healthcare or Higher Education environment.
• Experience working with Marketplace, Concur, PeopleSoft Finance, and/or other University systems.
Special Instructions to Applicants:*Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/cu-careers.* REQUIRED APPLICATION MATERIALS: 1). A letter of application which specifically addresses the job requirements and outlines qualifications. 2) A current resume/CV. 3) List of 5 professional references. Questions should be directed to Alejandro Lleras at [email protected]
Reference checks are a standard step in our hiring process. You may be asked to provide contact information, including e-mail addresses, for up to 5 references if you are referred to the Hiring Authority for an interview. We will notify you prior to contacting both on and off-list references.
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV, List of References
Application Materials Instructions:APPLICATION DEADLINE: Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled or until 75 applications have been received, whichever occurs first.
Job Category: Finance and Accounting
Primary Location: Denver
Department: H0001 -- Anschutz Medical Campus - 20306 - SOM-SRG-CH General Operations
Posting Date: Jan 6, 2017
Closing Date: Ongoing
Posting Contact Name: Alejandro Lleras
Posting Contact Email: [email protected]
Position Number: 00730477