Director of Development, Campus Programs and Parent Giving
The Campus Programs and Parent Giving (CP/PG) office in the University of Colorado Boulder's Office of Advancement is seeking a Director of Development. Reporting to the Assistant Vice Chancellor, this position will coordinate and support implementation of development activities within the office as well as manage development staff. The Director is responsible for managing key donors and CU parents and securing gifts of $100,000+.
1. Works to cultivate existing and new donor relationships with the intent of sustaining and growing the donor's impact on the campus.
2. Manages portfolio of 75 qualified prospects. Annual goals around development work (face to face meetings, proposals, moves and assists) to be set with AVC.
3. Manages front line fundraising staff.
4. Develops strategic plans for cultivating, soliciting and stewarding each donor as appropriate. Meets or exceeds established measurable targets for each fiscal year.5. Regularly travels and works directly with volunteers and donors from a designated region(s) to develop and implement fundraising strategies in order to meet established goals and objectives.
6. Facilitates productive relationships among donors and CU administrators, faculty and staff to ensure effectiveness of programs.
7. Documents prospect strategies and contact reports, evaluates new prospects and generates stewardship reports and general correspondence daily to cultivate major gift prospects.
8. Represents the University events in order to support the CU and cultivate donors.
What we can offer:
Competitive starting salary, commensurate with experience.
The University of Colorado offers excellent benefits, including medical, dental, retirement, paid time off, tuition benefit and ECO Pass. The University of Colorado Boulder is one of the largest employers in Boulder County and offers an inspiring higher education environment. Learn more about the University of Colorado Boulder.
Be challenged. Be dynamic. Be successful. Be Boulder.
What We Require
A bachelor's degree from an accredited college or univeristy. Graduate work in related field strongly preferred.
At least 5 years of top level, successful fundraising experience required.
Proficiency in Microsoft Office Products (MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint); experience with donor tracking software (BSR helpful).
What You'll Need
Supervisory experience helpful.
Ability to analyze information / situations and solve problems.
• Ability to handle sensitive information discretely and maintain confidentiality.
• Ability to organize and manage multiple projects/tasks simultaneously; must have ability to work independently and collaboratively, and adapt to changing priorities.
• Understanding of current issues facing public universities and interests of assigned school, students, faculty, and alumni.
• Experience recruiting and managing activities of volunteer staff.
• Demonstrated ability to cultivate and solicit donations from individuals at leadership gift level.
Special Instructions to Applicants:Please apply by April 23, 2017.
If you have technical difficulties submitting application information, please contact the CU Careers help desk at 303-860-4200, extension 2 or firstname.lastname@example.org. All other job related inquiries should be directed to the posting contact for this posting.
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV
Application Materials Instructions:To apply, please submit the following materials to this posting at www.cu.edu/cu-careers:
1. A current resume.
2. A cover letter that specifically addresses the job requirements and outlines qualifications.
3. DD-214 for veteran applicants.
(For classified postings only).
Please combine materials into one document and upload as titled: Name-(Job Number).
Please do not upload references at this time. References will be requested separately for potential finalists.
Job Category: Development
Primary Location: Boulder
Department: B0001 -- Boulder Campus - 11007 - UCB Development Administration
Posting Date: Feb 18, 2017
Closing Date: Ongoing
Posting Contact Name: Boulder Campus Human Resources
Posting Contact Email: HRESmail@colorado.edu
Position Number: 00001216