Professional Research Assistant - CCTP
University of Colorado - School of Medicine
Division of Cardiology
Professional Research Assistant
The Division of Cardiology is seeking applicants for a full-time Professional Research Assistant (PRA) position for the Cardiology Clinical Trials Program (CCTP) at the Anschutz Medical Campus located in Aurora, CO.
This position is for a clinical trial coordinator in the areas of interventional cardiology and imaging research, electrophysiology and heart failure. This position will support multiple Industry Supported Clinical Trials, Federally Funded Clinical Trials, and Investigator Initiated Clinical Trials.
Responsibilities include (but not limited to):
- Obtains and reviews the electronic medical records via EPIC for the identifying and screening of potential research subjects;
- Documents and maintains study records of research subjects including; laboratory test results, all clinical and study procedures as well as standard of care visits as required per the study protocol..
- Maintains progress of all research study participants, and entering data into electronic or manual CRF's, and following guidelines set forth by the protocol sponsors.
- Recruits clinical study participants; coordinating and scheduling research appointments, interviews and evaluates potential participants, and develop and maintains accurate documentation of the progress of the research.
- Conduct study assessment as required per the study protocol.
- Documenting research notes into the EMR of participants.
- Provides assistance to the PI, and Divisional Clinical Trials Manager.
- Develops and submits accurate IRB applications, Continuing Review Reports and all other required documents to support the conduct of clinical trials research.
- Flexibility to support other areas of clinical trials research as need and directed by the Clinical Trials Manager.
- Bachelor of Science
- Work experience in areas of clinical research
- A minimum of two years full-time research experience in most of the areas mentioned.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Must have detailed knowledge of Good Clinical Practice (GCP) /ICH guidelines in clinical research.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Attention to detail
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced clinical trials program
Salary and Benefits:
Salary is commensurate with skills and experience. The University of Colorado offers a full benefits package. Information on University benefits programs, including eligibility, is located at Employee Services.
The University of Colorado Denver is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees.
The University of Colorado strongly supports the principle of diversity. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.
The Immigration Reform and Control Act requires that verification of employment eligibility be documented for all new employees by the end of the third day of work. Alternative formats of this ad are available upon request for persons with disabilities.
Special Instructions to Applicants:Review of applications will continue until position is filled.
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV, List of References
Application Materials Instructions:
Applications are accepted electronically at CU Careers, refer to requisition ID: 8063
When applying, applicants must include:
Please do not submit any of your application material (via email) to the job posting contact.
Job Category: Faculty
Primary Location: Aurora
Department: H0001 -- Anschutz Medical Campus - 20169 - SOM-MED-Cardiology
Posting Date: Feb 10, 2017
Closing Date: Ongoing
Posting Contact Name: Dennis Evans
Posting Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Position Number: 00050160