University of Colorado - School of Medicine
The Department of Pharmacology at the University of Colorado School of Medicine Anschutz Medical Campus is seeking applicants to fill a tenure-track faculty position at the Assistant Professor level in the areas of neuroscience and neuropharmacology.
The research of the applicant should emphasize molecular and cellular mechanisms of nervous system function that are broadly related to understanding human nervous system diseases and/or the actions of existing drugs or the development of new drugs and therapies to treat neurological and neuropsychiatric disorders. In particular, we seek applicants whose research would complement our existing strengths in studying regulation of neurotransmitter receptors, ion channels, cell adhesion molecules, kinase and phosphatase signal transduction, and gene expression in control of neuronal activity and synaptic plasticity during normal learning and memory as well as neurodegeneration, ischemic brain injury, epilepsy, intellectual disability, schizophrenia, autism, and drug addiction. We also seek applicants who employ a variety of innovative experimental approaches including: in vitro, ex vivo and in vivo molecular and cellular imaging; in vitro and in vivo electrophysiology; optogenetic and chemical genetic control of neuronal function, neurobehavioral testing; genomic, transcriptomic and proteomic analyses.. We encourage applications from individuals who would thrive in a collaborative and interdisciplinary scientific environment that also includes cancer research, structural biology, epigenetics, and bioinformatics. For more information on research in the Department of Pharmacology see:
- Applicants must have a PhD and/or MD degree and appropriate and sufficient post-doctoral experience to establish an independent research program and be competitive for obtaining extramural grant support.
- Applicants should also be enthusiastic about teaching medical and graduate students, serving as research mentors in graduate and postdoctoral training programs in pharmacology and neuroscience. As well as becoming active members of the Center for Neuro Science, which fosters collaborations between basic and clinical researchers and manages core facilities for neuroscience research on the Anschutz Medical Campus
(http://www.ucdenver.edu/academics/colleges/Graduate-School/academic-programs/pharmacology/Pages/home.aspx) (http://www.ucdenver.edu/academics/colleges/medicalschool/programs/Neuroscience/Pages/Neuroscience.aspx (http://www.ucdenver.edu/academics/colleges/medicalschool/departments/neurology/research/NeuroScience/Pages/neuroscience.aspx).
Special Instructions to Applicants:Review of applications will begin on October 15, 2016 and continue until the position is filled.
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV, List of References, Statement of Research Philosophy, Additional Attachments - Refer to Application Materials Instructions Below
Application Materials Instructions:
Applications are accepted electronically at CU Careers, refer to requisition ID:06602
When applying, applicants must include:
- A letter of application which specifically addresses the job requirements and outlines qualifications
- A current Resume/CV
- The names, addresses, daytime telephone numbers and e-mail addresses for three professional references, either attached to your resume/CV or uploaded as a separate document
- Statement of research philosophy
- 2-3 publication reprints
Please do not submit any of your application material (via email) to the job posting contact.
Job Category: Faculty
Primary Location: Aurora
Department: H0001 -- Anschutz Medical Campus - 20120 - SOM - Pharmacology
Posting Date: Sep 2, 2016
Closing Date: Ongoing
Posting Contact Name: firstname.lastname@example.org
Posting Contact Email: email@example.com
Position Number: 00728097