Director of Ticket Operations
Director of Ticket Operations
Posting Number: 20171270S
Position Type: Staff
Recruitment Type: Internal/External Applicants
Work Schedule: FT/12 Month
Department: 728-Athl - Ticket Office
Responsible for the day to day activities of the athletic ticket office, to include the sale, processing, and reporting of season and single game athletic events, while ensuring a high level of customer and donor service. This position will work closely with the Associate A.D. for Internal Operations, the Assistant Athletic Director for Marketing, and the Executive Director of Athletic Advancement. This position will oversee and lead the ticket office, outbound sales, integration of donor and season ticket databases, collaborate with marketing staff to generate effective ticketing strategies. The successful candidate will lead and coordinate ticket sales, operations and customer experience for all admission-charging sports, oversee and manage VU's customer/donor database management and CRM program. Work to coordinate the distribution of student and player-complimentary tickets for football, men's and women's basketball and other ticketed athletic events and selected outside events.
Villanova is a Catholic university sponsored by the Augustinian order. Diversity and inclusion have been and will continue to be an integral component of Villanova University's mission. The University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and seeks candidates who understand, respect and can contribute to the University's mission and values.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage and oversee the Ticket Office, including ticket sales, CRM/database management, and management of full-time, part-time, student and volunteer staff.
- Provide leadership to increase and maximize ticket revenue and customer experience.
- Maintain data in the Ticketing/Development database.
- Help provide direction related to new ticketing initiatives and suggest best practices for utilizing the ticketing/development database.
- Oversee reports generated by the Director of Ticketing.
- Run reports including but not limited to, NCAA and internal revenue reports, and weekly fiscal year report.
- Coordinate with the IT Department for technical needs for ticket/donor database.
- Educate the Ticket Office, and Development Office in the proper use of the database to ensure the integrity of data.
- Provide database software training to Development and Marketing staff to assist in sales, marketing, and development efforts.
- Manage ticketing system contract, relationship and technology for all ticketing and development services.
- Oversee SalesForce CRM; coordinating management between the ticket office and development staff.
- Coordinate with the Business Office to reconcile Ticket Office financials.
- Coordinate with third party ticket vendors, including managing ticket printing process.
- Assist with overseeing all ticket operations and customer service.
- Perform other duties and assist with projects as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree required.
- Must possess knowledge of ticket office operations. Should possess knowledge of NCAA rules pertaining to the distribution of athletic tickets. Some knowledge of marketing and promotions.
- 4-5 years experience in athletics ticketing operations required, preferably at the Division I level. Experience in a customer service environment preferred.
- Must possess outstanding verbal and written communication skills, superior organizational skills, and an ability to provide a high level of customer service. Strong analytical skills and understanding of accounting principles.
- Proficiency with Paciolan operating and reporting system preferred, or other automated ticketing system, as well as personal computer applications (word processing, spreadsheets, database.)
- Master’s Degree preferred (sports management or related field).
Physical Requirements and/or Unusual Work Hours
• Professional work environment
• Significant evening and weekend hours required
• Occasional travel required
• Occasional lifting and carrying
Special Message to Applicants
Posting Date: 02/21/2017
Closing Date (12am ET):
Open Until Filled:
Salary Posting Information: Commensurate with experience
Salary Band: I
Job Classification: Exempt
To apply, visit: https://jobs.villanova.edu/postings/10737
Villanova is a Catholic university sponsored by the Augustinian order. Diversity and inclusion have been and will continue to be an integral component of Villanova University's mission. The University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and seeks candidates who understand, respect and can contribute to the University's mission and values. Villanova University is committed to providing leadership in the attainment of equal employment for all individuals. It is the policy and practice of Villanova University to recruit and select applicants on the basis of their qualifications and abilities. This effort is in compliance with all federal and state laws, including Title VI and VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, Title IX of the Educational Amendments of 1972, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1975, Executive Order 11246, and the Americans with Disabilities Act.