Applications Developer Sr 0174367
Applications Developer Sr – 0174367
Job Purpose: Perform advanced level system analysis, definition and design activities usually of a complex nature. Maintains existing applications.
- Analyze user requirements, determine technical level of effort required and prepare technical design and specifications.
- Develop, test and implement technical solutions. Prepare application test plans and conduct unit, integration and system testing.
- Analyze, modify and maintain existing applications.
- Prepare technical, operational and user related documentation in support of applications.
- Provide technical support to functional users, determining and solving systems and programming issues.
- Assist in conducting informal and formal end user training.
- Advise on and review work of other analysts as needed.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Education: Bachelor's degree in Information Systems, Computer Science or related field
- Work Experience: Four to five years job related experience
- Certifications: N/A
- Skills: This job requires advanced knowledge and skills in application of query language, web development tools, procedural development tools, relational databases, structured programming and understanding of the software development life cycle.
- Preferred Education: N/A
- Preferred Certifications: Valid driver's license
- Preferred Skills: Knowledge of application security methodologies and service-oriented architecture; Understanding of usability guidelines and accessibility compliance (Section 508); Familiarity with LAMP stack; Knowledge of standards-based XHTML and CSS coding
Additional Information: Successful candidate must be able to pass a background check which will include a motor vehicle records check. To obtain Georgia Tech’s background check policy, please visit: http://www.policylibrary.gatech.edu/pre-employment-screening
The incumbent may drive a university vehicle.
This position may be exposed to working near electrical circuits and requires handling of objects up to 25 pounds and some standing and walking.
The successful candidate should have excellent verbal/written communication skills, strong service orientation, and the ability to work well with other professionals in providing technical solutions in an advanced computing environment.
Impact & Influence: This position will interact on a consistent basis with: Other software developers and analysts, project managers, database administrators, customers and department management. This position typically will advise and counsel: Other software developers and analysts, project managers, database administrators, customers and department management. This position will supervise: N/A.
How to Apply:
Interested applicants should submit an application and résumé at: http://careers.gatech.edu/ Please search for requisition number 0174367 or by title Applications Developer Sr
Georgia Institute of Technology is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer.